New EVO owner

Discussion in 'Android Chat' started by ShadowKing, Sep 24, 2010.

1. ShadowKing

ShadowKing Member

Device:
    iPad
    very very new to android, i've only played with my friends evo for a little bit. it was time for an upgrade, and i figured why not try out an evo?

so right now, it's my second day of using the phone. i've read through mostly every user guide / battery thread i could fine. after sending maybe, 40 texts today over 7 hours i'm down to 77% with half screen brightness. everything is off, including mobile data. is this good?
  2. Bl1tzkrieg

Bl1tzkrieg Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    4g and 3g are both off while your not using it you mean? (Mobile data)
  3. ShadowKing

ShadowKing Member

Device:
    iPad
    yes. also, wifi is off. i'm in school so i don't need anything on other then data for texting. is this normal? my first smart phone on android :/ i'm so used to be in apples system.

also, i had the best experience with the new sprint guys at my store. super helpful, didn't waste any time with the crappy offers and junk. made me respect sprint a lot more. they really knew their sh*t. i was out of that store in maybe 20 minutes.
  4. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
  5. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Not an evo owner, but 7 hours and still %77 battery isn't bad for most smart phones. I don't really pay attention to battery stats until my phone dies in the before the days up. Settings-About phone-battery stats will give you a rough idea of whats eating battery. You can probably find apps on the market to give you more detail. I get great battery life so I don't worry.

I'd recommend autostarts and juicedefender to get as much out of your battery as possible.
  6. deadlyvirus

deadlyvirus New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Root that sucker!
  7. ShadowKing

ShadowKing Member

Device:
    iPad
    i've been thinking on it. any other advantages other then free tethering / ROMS? i'm actually quite happy with the phone, it's so far amazing. the battery life is my major concern right now. currently looking for a bigger battery. but i love the phone. taking HD video is great.
  8. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    If you root you can install custom kernels with better power management and CPU scaling. You could also use setcpu and create different profiles for different conditions, like, have the CPU frequency drop when the battery gets to %25 and run full speed at full to %40.
  9. taptaptouch

taptaptouch Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    you can get an extended battery, i think seido makes them
  10. ShadowKing

ShadowKing Member

Device:
    iPad
    yeah i'm temped to buy the 3500mah one. link --- > http://www.seidioonline.com/product-p/bacy35hev4-bk.htm

so far i really haven't seen the need to root, my battery life is good enough, i only need a charger at work where i loose signal a lot, and the phone just is chilling there looking for a signal.