New Developer

Discussion in 'iOS Development' started by Covenant550, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Covenant550

Covenant550 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hey, Me and my friend decided to try out creating an app. Probably not for appstore distribution until we learn more but was wondering where to go to learn how to make games for the iPhone. Pretty much, were starting from scratch. We need to learn everything. Also supposedly the "unity" engine for some games work for windows now. Im a little lost. Can you program, test, etc or whatever on windows and how do peopel program on unity and not the SDK. lol I know this is noobish but we all start somewhere. Any help and tips would be GREAT. Thanks guys and with some time and help im sure we'll get it

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. mappy4ever

mappy4ever Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I am looking for this question too? except i know that there's no way to program it on windows u neeeeeed Mac or Hackintosh>>>>>> :0.
  3. Chicken

Chicken Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 5S
  4. Cyanidepoison

Cyanidepoison Active Member

Compiling an open-source toolchain on Windows is like beating yourself in the head with a brick.

Just install a Linux distro (debian, for example) in a virtual machine and give it network access.
  5. Chicken

Chicken Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Yes, but many people have done. All be it though installing it on a linux is easier (by a degree), you still need to have sufficient knowledge.
  6. Tai Therin

Tai Therin New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    When Unity comes out with a newer version, it will have Windows support. (from what I've heard) Torque has Windows support, but really, just use a Mac for development. Engines tend to have problems, and relying on one will get you nowhere. Just code from the ground up.

Plus Unity and Torque cost upwards of $699, + $99 for developer program. That's a chunk of money.
  7. Muffin15

Muffin15 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    unity is currently heavily tied to xcode, as this is where it creates the project files for compiling, so right now there's no way to work it on a PC (for iphone app creation)