[NEW] DEV TEAM GUI 1.1.3 SOFT UPGRADE. App that runs on the iPod.

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Application Compatibility' started by SkylarEC, Jan 29, 2008.

1. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

[NEW] GUI! Dev Team 1.1.3 Soft Upgrade. GUI app, runs ON the iPod. Best upgrade yet

I want to make sure as many people see this as possible. The Dev Team has released an app for the iPod that performs the soft upgrade. On top of a few fixes here and there, it also fixes the size of the root partition so it is back at 300MB, where it belongs.

Link to the thread in JailBreak section: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32332
    1 person likes this.
  2. onesilentlight

onesilentlight New Member

SummerBoard

Just a note:

This version of Jailbreak is seemingly required to get the new Summerboard to work correctly.
  3. ross cristiano

ross cristiano New Member

hey so i have a 1.1.3 jailbroken touch...but my ipod says that it is in 1.1.2 firmware....but it has the new dock and every thing??? so ya and summerboard doesnt work either...and when i try and installl summerboard off installer it says that i have to be in 1.1.3 but i am soooo what the hell . can anybody help?
  4. petercockroach

petercockroach New Member

I just tried this method and my Mail app is crashing! Anyone else having this problem?
  5. joacodl

joacodl New Member

during the second part of the process "extracting restore" froze... i restarted my ipod and it continued until it froze again... after several restarts of the "Upgrade app" i passed 100%....
    now i see the spinning wheel and
    "Extracting Restore ipsw: 301%"
    i don't know what to do
    am i the only one with this problem?
  6. bloodyfart

bloodyfart Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    sry if this is a stupid question, but whats the difference between this, and ijailbreak?
  7. pared

pared New Member

This jailbreak is spectacular. Kudos to whoever came up with it.

It also has seemingly been the best one out of all of them in terms of issues... or lack thereof.
  8. dilwar

dilwar New Member

download 1.1.3 softupgrade.app

where should i get to download 1.1.3 softupgrade.app on the computer cause i don't have wi-fi connection here in my office
  9. Stu pidasso

Stu pidasso New Member

Well I tried this method from a jailbroken 1.1.2.

The installation failed so I decided to restore my IPOD to 1.1.3.

Now I can not sync my apps that I paid 20 dollars for. Anyone know how to correct this?!?!?
  10. pared

pared New Member

How did the installation fail?

I fell asleep while it was working and nothing happened. You just had to keep running the app until it rebooted into 1.1.3. I'd try it again.

I also purchased the apps and this thing is flawless. It's pretty much 1.1.3 with the ability to add 3rd party apps.