New computer with itunes and ipod touch 2g

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by KeneticSight, Jul 9, 2009.

1. KeneticSight

KeneticSight New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey i got a new computer and you cant have 2 libraries for your ipod..... is there any way u can bypass that so i can put my songs and stuff on my new comp?

I would have to restore my iPod to let me do anything with it and i don't want to restore it because of all the stuff i have on it like my apps and stuff is on my iPod. My old computer doesn't even work anymore -.- so i need help please.
  2. PieOPah

PieOPah Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If you set up different users on the computer, then doesn't this allow you to have multiple libraries? One per user?
  3. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Why not just get the songs off the old comuter, and copy them to the new one?
  4. JonnySK

JonnySK Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Step One: First of all, Authorize iTunes. Go to the top menu bar > Store > Authorize. Then type in you UN and Password.

Step Two: Plug your iPod into the new computer, and you will get a message pop-up about "Erasing and Syncing." Click cancel, and make sure it DOES NOT sync. Then, right click on your iPod on the Devices list and click Back-up. All game-saves etc will be backed up.

Now, for moving songs from iPod to PC, see this thread - http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213857

Hope this helps.
  5. KeneticSight

KeneticSight New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey but when i do this will i still have to restore my ipod? cus i dont want to lose my jailbreak and all the cydia apps i have.........and my custom theme also.
  6. JonnySK

JonnySK Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You will not have to re-jailbreak at all. All you will have to do is re-sync your apps and songs/videos, once, and if you followed my guide correctly, you won't lose any of your game save data etc.

You won't lose anything.

Oh, and make sure that before you sync, right click on your iPod under the devices list, and click "Transfer Purchases." This will transfer your purchased apps to your new PC.

If something goes wrong, let me know, and I will help.
  7. yar1964

yar1964 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    JonnySK

Thanks for your reply to KeneticSight Thread, I had a simular problem and following your steps everything went smoothly.

thanks

To transfer my music I chose first ipodpctransfer, didn't work the way expected so I chose the other one, copytrans and worked great.

Thanks again
  8. Jarrodis

Jarrodis Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    if your ipod is jail broken, u can get an app called switch tunes, or swapTunes, which allows you to sync with multiple Itunes libraries, but u have to switch every time you want to play the songs on the other library. im not sure if this is exactly what u were looking for, but im just giving suggestions