New Codecs?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by kookyklam, Oct 13, 2007.

1. kookyklam

kookyklam New Member

Will new codecs be developed for the touch now, like maybe divx support... that would be a lifesaver.
  2. davefrank

davefrank New Member

Windows Media as well

It would be great to be able to have divx codecs as well as Windows Media streaming support. That would be the ultimate. I got a ton of videos already in wmv and my security system is a wmv stream.
  3. pnyk1d

pnyk1d New Member

yes i agree with divx suppot, as well as a divx web player support.
  4. dualcorex

dualcorex New Member

i doubt it will happen. u usually have to have the hardware to support it. i am not sure if the ipod does. if it doesnt it would be impossbile. aside from codecs a custom equalizer and video settings would be more inclined to happen
  5. trankillity

trankillity New Member

Look up the Videora iPod Video Converter. Easy, automated application which is free. Windows only, someone Mac oriented would be able to tell you an app to use for Mac though.

Only takes me 20 minutes to get a 300 mb TV episode down to a 150mb iPod episode.
  6. nibor

nibor New Member

Check out iSquint/Visualhub for the Mac - great piece of Software, although direct divx/xvid support woud be even nicer.
  7. minority

minority New Member

what settings do you recommend for streaming the video to the ipod? I have set up a server and have it so that I can connect to it using safari to my computer so I can access all my videos without taking up all the space.