New charger causing problems with touch response.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by colincahill, Apr 16, 2010.

1. colincahill

colincahill New Member

I just got a new charger for my 1st-gen Ipod touch over the internet. It was cheap, just a simple made-in-China wall charger. When it's plugged in, though, I am having problems with my touchscreen. When I try to tap on a link or button, for instance, it does not initially register the tap. Sometimes it slides the screen content up and down a little bit. On the second tap, it usually registers this. When I remove the charger, the ipod works fine.

I'm concerned because I know the multitouch operates via electrons, and I want to make sure I'm not doing permanent harm by using this charger. I checked the dc output and it says it's the same as the last charger I was using (5.0 V DC 700mA). Has this ever happened to anyone before? It seems like it could involve some kind of interaction with static electricity.

May also be worth noting that when I first plugged it in, my battery warmed up some. This isn't so unusual though - my ipod's over 2 years old and the battery does that from time to time.

Thanks for any help.
  2. m0in

m0in Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I would see if this is a problem with your charger or iPod. Use a Official Apple Charger and see if this happens. If it does, there is a problem with your iPod
  3. colincahill

colincahill New Member

Charger problem

It's the charger; I haven't had this problem with previous chargers and I don't encounter it when I use the old charger. I'm willing to put up with it until I can get another charger; I'm just more concerned about if I could be doing harm to it in the mean time.