I just got a new charger for my 1st-gen Ipod touch over the internet. It was cheap, just a simple made-in-China wall charger. When it's plugged in, though, I am having problems with my touchscreen. When I try to tap on a link or button, for instance, it does not initially register the tap. Sometimes it slides the screen content up and down a little bit. On the second tap, it usually registers this. When I remove the charger, the ipod works fine. I'm concerned because I know the multitouch operates via electrons, and I want to make sure I'm not doing permanent harm by using this charger. I checked the dc output and it says it's the same as the last charger I was using (5.0 V DC 700mA). Has this ever happened to anyone before? It seems like it could involve some kind of interaction with static electricity. May also be worth noting that when I first plugged it in, my battery warmed up some. This isn't so unusual though - my ipod's over 2 years old and the battery does that from time to time. Thanks for any help.