New Cello Instrument for Moo Band

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by kdubbicles, May 9, 2008.

1. kdubbicles

kdubbicles New Member

Hey whats up guys. I just got Band this morning and crapped my pants. After cleaning them out I noticed there was no strings, so I wanted to make a light weight Cello for you guys to play with. Great Cello sound but instead of mapping it across a cello, I figured most people dont know how to play one so I made it on a keyboard as pictured below:

Please Register or Log in to view images

The samples are a little short, but whatever, I'll be updating this and bringing more to the table, so its pretty much what you can expect for making a patch a couple hours after band came out. So take it easy critics. and enjoy:

http://www.dubmediagroup.com/014-Cello.zip
  2. Fooli

Fooli New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
  3. PJGR

PJGR New Member

I thought a Cello is like a violin.....pretty much the equivalent of a bass guitar for a violin.
  4. kdubbicles

kdubbicles New Member

your exactly right. the thing is though, its tuned way different than a bass guitar. and i know how to play it. but you may not. hence the keyboard chief.
  5. PJGR

PJGR New Member

lol, ok

do you think playing Bach's Cello Suite would be doable on this?
  6. kdubbicles

kdubbicles New Member

No , nor do I think playing fur elise in its entirety is possible on Pianist, nor do I think playing hendrix is possible on guitarist. if you had a background in electronic music you would be used to strings being on a keyboard and you would use them accordingly. I couldn't play Bach's cello suite on a Korg Triton, but does that make the triton suck?
  7. PJGR

PJGR New Member

I wasn't suggesting anything as to the 'goodness' of your instrument; I like your instrument.

But you said you can't play it in its entirety, right? Could you play part of it though? Like the melody...
  8. kdubbicles

kdubbicles New Member

it depends. cello's are typically bowed, and that is impossible to replicate when only sensing touch. at least within the parameters allowed by band (triggers). so could i play a dr. dre cello song? absolutely. a bowed classical masterpiece? probably not.
  9. wyvern706

wyvern706 New Member

ty im adding now!
  10. PJGR

PJGR New Member

I think there's only one problem: it's somewhat difficult to get the notes to register.

For instance, you know the iano? You could hit literally anywhere on the keyboard, and it would play the closest note; you didn't have to touch exactly where the note was.

So this instrument is kind of like Pianist in that you have no room for error.