New Camera - Need some Help

Discussion in 'Graphics, Design, and Photography' started by Videofolife13, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Videofolife13

Videofolife13 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    So I really want a camera for my birthday. I want to take some pictures that look like this:

http://www.tunetribe.com/assets/images/products/689/product_image_688906.jpg

with the right exposure, at least that's what I think it is. I know that you need a certain effect from the camera to get the lines like that (from the headlights of moving cars). If you understand what I mean, and know what I am talking about, tell me what a good camera is to get this effect

All help is appreciated, ask questions if you are confused.

Thanks all,
    -Video
  2. uber hax

uber hax Guest

well, how badly do you want a camera. if you enjoy photography, and want to add this style to your portfolio, then get a DSLR. they can be pricy, but are the best for aspiring photographers. if you only want pics for that sole purpose, find a cheapre camera with "firework" mode, and you can get the same effect (not the same, DSLR is always better)
  3. jam623

jam623 New Member

Yeah i must agree with Uber Hax, a D-SLR is the choice.
    I'm buying myself a new Nikon D40x really soon, and, saying that you want to take pictures like that is one thing compared to actually doing it. If you already know how, more power to you, go right ahead and buy a nice D-SLR, but, if your a beginner, check your options, and choose the camera that suits what you want.

Hope this helped,

jordan
  4. therobinsonator

therobinsonator New Member

ur avatar reminds me of photoshop class where we photoshoped ourselves against brick walls
  5. uber hax

uber hax Guest

definitely one of the most random and useless posts ever.
  6. Videofolife13

Videofolife13 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    That's actually a kid who is on our school paper who is a complete freak. I put him there as a joke to my other friend who is on this site every so often.

Fireworks mode? Got it. Thanks guys.

-Video
  7. MadSon011

MadSon011 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    if you dont want the bulk of a DSLR you can opt for an advanced "point and shoot" such as the Canon Powershot G9. I own one and its gotten me far in my life as a freelance photographer. The camera can accept an external flash, it has many different shooting effects such as: Beach, Fireworks, Color accent, Snow, Kids and Pets, Sport and many others. It can also take time lapse videos which is a neat random feature. Its overall a good camera which has 12.1 effective megapixels.