New but not dumb to the jailbreak...help please

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jdwinn, Jun 24, 2009.

1. jdwinn

jdwinn New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Hi, I'm new to the jailbreak and successfully installed the 3.0ipsw with redsn0w after updating to 3.0 in iTunes. However, I didn't install cydia because I heard bad things, my questions are; (1) do cydia and icy have the same apps as long as you have the same sources? Because I can't seem to find a few of the popular ones like appbackup and [PIRACY] (2) I can't seem to get any themes to work with winterboard or any other popular apps, just ringtones, battery percentage and basic stuff like that...what's up with that and (3) The only way to UNjailbreak like it never happened would be to restore..? Thanks guys.
  2. anniex423

anniex423 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Cydia is not a bad thing -.- It may be slower than Icy but it's got more apps, more updated things, and whatnot. I only use Icy when I don't have wifi. So, to answer your questions, (1) Cydia has more apps even with the same sources, I don't know the specifics though. (2) Your themes not working with WB could either be an incompatibility issue, or could be an issue because you didn't initially install Cydia. And (3), yes the only way to unjailbreak is to restore your phone through iTunes.

If you want to have a jailbroken phone, I suggest you restore and rejailbreak with Cydia instead of Icy. And if you really want Icy, download it off of Cydia, don't install it during jailbreak. There have been reported issues with Cydia and Icy when they are installed together through the jailbreaking process.