new but I need help

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by crob, Mar 8, 2010.

1. crob

crob New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    hey just bought an ipod touch from a friend and he had it jailbroken, he also had all his personal info on it so I read somewhere else that if I go through the settings and do a full reset it will take eveything off but the custom firmware. Now I have the circle of death and I dont know where to start. I downloaded itunes and triend plugging it in but nothing. I am good when it comes to computers but I just need to know where to start with what program. any help will be greatly appreciated.
  2. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Is the serial number MB or MC.. If it's MC then download blackra1n, connect your device to your PC via USB and run blackra1n to boot the iPod touch up (it's a tethered jailbreak)... Then you can do a full restore to remove jailbreak or restore factory settings from options to delete all personal data.
  3. crob

crob New Member

Device:
    iPod touch

what about if its a mb???
  4. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If it's an MB model and you're stıuck with the circle of death then simply connect it to your PC and put into DFU mode and restore.
  5. crob

crob New Member

Device:
    iPod touch

appreciate that.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    ok I looked at my serial number and its shows nothing close to a mb or mc? what do I do?