New Bsd Subsystem (2.1)!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Application Compatibility' started by djetron, Feb 11, 2008.

1. djetron

djetron New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    hey guys is just for remind for all that the bsd (2.1) has been released
  2. Whosthatrandom

Whosthatrandom New Member

Why was it neccessary to make this topic? If you don't have BSD Subsystem installed, you're not going to care. If you do, then Installer will prompt you to update the package. If you don't do this straight away, nothing bad is going to happen.
  3. sirtooshort10

sirtooshort10 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    i heard from a friend that 2.1 has some erros or is unstable anyone using it right now with success???
  4. jason724

jason724 New Member

Anyone know what changes were actually made to 2.0?

For those of you with BSD subsystem 2.1, try pugging in your ipod to your computer. When the prompt to purchase the january software comes up, click 'no thanks'. After that I come to another screen about the January software update and I can't seem to get to my ipod settings...
  5. StormShadow

StormShadow New Member

I updated and am not experiencing any problems........yet.
  6. tee6m

tee6m New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    earlier today when I first installed it on 1.1.1 it would not show and would have to reboot my ipod

now, on 1.1.3, it works normal
  7. EnTg

EnTg New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I updated my BSD to 2.1, now nothing installs in installer. Everything gives "Main Script Execution Error" if I try to install any other application.

<edit> rebooted a couple of times, and screwed with installing/uninstalling some of my old programs, and now installer just crashes when I try to install something.
  8. EnTg

EnTg New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Don't know why it won't let me edit my previous post, but apparently BSD Subsystem 2.1 takes up SIGNIFICANTLY more space (about 3 MB more) than 2.0, thus filling my Ipod's Application space. Can anyone confirm this?
  9. Kuhrak

Kuhrak New Member

not happy

I want to warn against installing this update. it has completly broken installer.
    Whenever i try to install something new now, it gives me the following:
    "Error in script command 1: InstallApp"
    I would like for this to be fixed soon as there no way to even uninstall bsd subsystem, only reinstall it.
    I'm on 1.1.3
  10. tlazzari

tlazzari Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I installed it before I jailbroke my Touch to 1.1.3 and it is amazing! No flaws as of yet. There are several little fixes coming out right now, so those of you that are on 1.1.3 and tried installing BSD, you might want to try the restore to 1.1.1, jailbreak to 1.1.2, install all the little fixes, BSD 2.1 being one of them, and then upgrading to 1.1.3.

Note: I am using the Dev Teams Jailbreak, not ijailbreak
    Note 2: When I look at the BSD 2.1 file size, it is actually 1.5mb smaller than 2.0 (5.1<6.6)