New Application Summaries Idea

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Avatarv, Feb 22, 2008.

1. Avatarv

OK I just had an idea. I see a lot of posts regarding info about 1 app or another. I was thinking, maybe if we had a new section under iPod touch Fans forum > iPod touch > iPod touch Mods > iPod touch Applications that would be titled Application Summaries and where there would be a thread for each application with a description, summary, what versions it supports, a FAQ, and user comments, it would be good.

For Example:

iPod touch Fans forum > iPod touch > iPod touch Mods > iPod touch Applications > Application Summaries > gpSPhone

gpSPhone is a Gameboy Advance emulator for the iPod Touch / iPhone. It plays GBA roms that can be found on the internet. gpSPhone is currently in version ##.## (I'm not sure what version it is right now) and runs perfectly on 1.1.3, 1.1.2, and 1.1.1.

Some things to note with this app:
    You need to put a file called gba_bios.bin in the application folder before playing a game
    All roms schoud be put in the ROMS folder in private/var/root for 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 or private/var/mobile for 1.1.3

FAQ

Can this play GBC games?
    A: No, GBC games don't work however there is a utility for converting GBC games into GBA games and thenit works

and so on...

And this would be for every application. How's the idea?
  2. FluxBox

FluxBox New Member

And who's gonna write full, complete summaries that use proper capitalization that people will want to read?

Not the mods here. Not me. No one will.
  3. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

I'm sure a lot of people will.
    I really like this idea.
  4. swillard8

swillard8 New Member

the wiki? does nobody use it? we should encourage the use and writing of it more.
  5. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

6. Avatarv