NEW APP ### Volumatic ### - Adjusting volume by listening to your microphone

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by bob-a-fett, Oct 9, 2009.

1. bob-a-fett

bob-a-fett New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Download: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=333208711&mt=8
    ### INTRODUCTORY FREE PRICE ###

Do you want to listen to your iPod but can't because you need to hear what's going on in your office? Do find yourself constantly adjusting the volume when you're in your car, walking about, or just out for a morning jog?

Well you'll never have to touch that volume button again… with Volumatic! Volumatic automatically adjusts the volume in your headphones by constantly measuring noise from your microphone.

It supports two main modes:
    AUTOMATIC VOLUME CONTROL: Automaticaly raise and lower player volume relative to the background noise level.
    OFFICE MODE: Instantly mute playback volume when a loud noise is heard with Office Mode.

Never again will you have to worry about missing that important call because you didn't hear your phone ringing because your music was playing too loud. Enjoy listening to your favorite Audiobook, Podcast, or musical playlist as you go about your daily activities while the volume adapts to the sounds around you! With fully customizable settings, you can fine-tune your listening experience for volume control sensitivity, office mode sensitivity, and trigger time when office mode triggers your audio to mute. These two modes can be used separately or together according to your listening needs.

*** IF YOU GUYS HAVE COMMENTS: I am listening!! Please post here if you have feedback or wishes for the next update which I am already working on!! ***

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Nice! Downloading now!
    2 Suggestions:
    A) I've got isolating IEMs, and hate having to pull out one earphone when people are talking, so maybe add a button that pauses music and feeds microphone input while held down? Then when the button is released music will resume?

B) Minor UI request, maybe replace the scrubber & volume sliders with the glass (silver & blue) ones? It'd fit in better with the glossy black UI.
  3. Samm

Samm Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Looks good, ill download when i find the damn iPod... >_<
  4. DeamonFish

DeamonFish Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It's cool, will be great for music in school :|
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Does it suck battery down?
  5. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Just tried it out, pretty good. Could you add in song selection rather than playlist creation? It's a bit annoying having to pre-determine what I'm listening to every time.
    Great app though!
  6. bob-a-fett

bob-a-fett New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    This feature is already in-queue for the next update of the app. Basically it will amplify the outside will into your headset when office mode gets triggered or on your command.

This is definitely a cosmetic issue that I wanted to address for the next update and is on the feature list.

The signal processing of listening to your microphone will draw your battery slightly more than if you were just listening to your iPod player alone. I have some battery improvement features in store for the next update of the app as well.

This has been asked in some other forums as well and is definitely going to be added as a new feature. The idea is that you will have two buttons: one to create a playlist and one to just pick a quick song.
  7. ICanHaziPod

ICanHaziPod New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
  8. utternutter

utternutter New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    it's not free anymore?
  9. bob-a-fett

bob-a-fett New Member

Device: