New App - Orbus: Voice Buddy

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by nephilite, Feb 12, 2009.

1. nephilite

nephilite New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Hello All,

I just released a new app called Orbus:
    please check it out here: http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=303470648&mt=8

Here is some more info:

-- A talking virtual "pet", advanced security system, sleep alarm, and voice recorder all in one! --

Greetings. I am Orbus, an interactive program designed to serve as both a security/utility device, and as a friend. I react to a variety of your gestures and even your voice, responding with witty banter and striking visual effects (if I do say so myself). I can enter security mode and alert you to potential thieves and meddlers via audio cues as well as email GPS notifications. I can also function as a sleep alarm or tool to send delayed audio messages. Whether you require utility or companionship, I am ready to serve.

INTRODUCTORY SALE: $0.99 - Limited Time Only
    $2.99 => $0.99 (66.7% off) until March 1st.

Please visit http://www.omegasoftweb.com/omega/orbus.cfm for detailed instructions, support, and information.

Thanks!!
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Update just landed. It allows Orbus to be aware of the time of day and makes him able to recognize certain patterns in user behavior; responding accordingly. Enjoy!
  2. nephilite

nephilite New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Version 1.2 just hit the app store; now with background music

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. TheDrizzle

TheDrizzle New Member

Kinda sucks this requires a mic and only iphones have mics and this is a ipod touch site. Kinda of a bad place to advertise. Try the iphone forums. I read one of the reviews and some kid bought it, not knowing the itouch doesn't have a mic and now he is confused, maybe you should write "iphone only" or something.
  4. nephilite

nephilite New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Yes, I realized that later. I forgot that you had to buy the mic add on it for iPod touch. That being said only a small part of Orbus's functionality relies on audio input. Still, thanks for the heads up!
  5. nephilite

nephilite New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
  6. nephilite

nephilite New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Update 1.4 just landed.

This one makes Orbus pulses different colors based on his current mood; let me know what you think

Thanks!
  7. MartialB

MartialB New Member

Very cool stuff; I had no idea what it was at first, but it had me cracking up once i figured out it was like a HAL 9000. I'm not sure if it was intended to be serious or funny; but to me its damn funny

8. nephilite

nephilite New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Glad you enjoy it. I think it is meant to be both serious and funny

Let me know if you have any ideas for future updates; thanks!
  9. touchmymonkey

touchmymonkey New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Just bought it.
    Hey, any ideas for making a voice recognition app? Speech to text?
    Me want bad.
  10. nephilite

nephilite New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Those things are definitely desirable....unfortunately they are nigh impossible for an indie developer like myself. As a point of reference not even google and microsoft have got voice recognition completely down pat after years and millions of dollars...me and my mac mini don't stand a chance

I am trying to figure out if I can get voice recognition for just a few phrases (like "yes" and "no") but even that is proving to be a biznatch.