New App Idea

Discussion in 'Application Ideas' started by suclarkeuk, Jun 15, 2010.

1. suclarkeuk

suclarkeuk New Member

Device:
    iPad
    Morning,

I'm new here so apologies if I'm in the wrong place. If I have a idea for a new iPad app where should I post it please?

I don't have the skills to develop it myself but was wondering if someone else might like to take it up.

Thanks,

Su
  2. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Post it right here!
  3. suclarkeuk

suclarkeuk New Member

Device:
    iPad
    Perfect. Basically what I think would be a cool idea for the iPad is an integrated shopping/recipe app....

So you have an recipe type app that has loads of recipes pre-loaded but which you can edit to tailor the recipes to suit how you cook a specific dish (e.g. you put carrots in your spag bol).

Add into that a one-off action of telling the app what food you have in your fridge/cupboards so it can suggest recipes that match the food you have available to cook with.

Then coupled with that you link it into an existing shopping app (Ocado, Tesco etc) and when you've cooked a recipe it automatically removes the food items used from your stock list and if you've run out adds more into your shopping order.

Does that make any sense...?

My reasoning behind it is that it could knock off several bugbears in my life:

I never know how many tins of X are in my cupboards
    I can never think of anything new to cook with the stuff that's in there
    I'm always running out of stuff without realising it
    I'm always forgetting to re-order the stuff I know I've run out of.

So what do you guys think? Do-able?

Cheers,

Su
  4. macdude2

macdude2 Member

sounds great! the only problem would be getting it to work with the other apps. I am not sure that is possible. I think you can only use the apple's apps. No I take that back b/c there are apps that allow you to know other people's facebook details etc. So there is a possibility it could work. The only downside is that you would have to have the other cooking app to make it work to its full potential. You could not just steal all the recipes.
  5. goldneptune

goldneptune Banned