new app idea/ kinda emulator

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by zisko, Dec 31, 2007.

1. zisko

zisko Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    make a j2me/ .jar/ java emulator the cellphone games 1- w.e.- it is possible and it would let me play cell phone games on my ipod lol!!!!!!!!!!
  2. berky93

berky93 New Member

first off, please speak using actual words and sentences when you post something. Its really annoying to decode the endless stream of words and numbers and other symbols, of course ending in the usual but pointless "LOL!!!!!!!!!!!"

but once I could understand it, yes it sounds like a cool idea to emulate cell phone games for the touch, but most cell phone games have more advanced versions already available for the touch
  3. PhoisGOOD

PhoisGOOD New Member

how can you take them out?/download them?
  4. computerwiz_222

computerwiz_222 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    the games that are stored on cell phones can be downloaded using a USB Cable and Bitpim or QPST (or any other flavour of cell phone filesystem programs)

To me, emulating J2ME on ipot doesn't make much sense because most of the apps on cell phones rely on the buttons to be used as a joystick and are very primitive (beeps, simple animations and whatever) It would be better to simply port it or create a new game all together that is the same concept of the original
  5. edmarriner

edmarriner New Member

well i belive most mobliephone game are using java which the ipod simply doesn have, same with flash.
  6. sophieslover92

sophieslover92 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Wrong. iPod Touch can handle JAvaScript Applications. There are some Hello World Examples out there, and also Safari has Java built in...... That's what i know.
    But computerwiz_222 is right. It wouldn't be much fun with cellphonegames. The iPod Touch doesn't have more than one button. Also "emulating" the buttons like in NES Emulator wouldn't be soooooo wonderful. (;