New and Old Users Read important.

Discussion in 'WWDC 2009 (June 8-12)' started by sickamore, Jun 14, 2009.

1. sickamore

sickamore New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    New and Old Users Read important From Iphone Dev Team Blog

A. When will 3.0 be released?
    -June 17th; iPhone 3GS is being released Jun

1B. What about the 3.0 beta unlocks?

-NO SUCH THING! Same reason why an unlock for 02.30.03 won't be ever be released, or until 3.0 is officially out. It makes no sense because if the Dev-Team finds exploits in the BETA, don't you think that Apple would fill those holes up? That's the entire point of a beta version...to find and fix the problems in its firmware. Obviously unlocking the iPhone is a "problem" in Apple's mind.

2. What about yellowsn0w for 2.2.1; baseband 02.30.03?

-NO SUCH THING! There hasn't been for the past 4 months since 2.2.1 was released. Now that 3.0 is so close, why would Dev-Team risk releasing an exploit (if they had one), when it could simply be filled by Apple in a few minutes? That would possibly KEEP 3.0 locked for a LONG time. It's common sense. Unlock exploits are hard to come by and they aren't going to be thrown away with hopefully a week left until the official release of 3.0.

3. How can I downgrade my 3G baseband if my bootloader is greater than 5.08?

-It is not possible. If it were, don't you think that it would be posted almost everywhere? The very high majority of 3G holders have a more recent model of the iPhone rendering the downgrade of a bootloader greater than 5.08 to be useless. Get over it.

4A. What now?

-Patience will lead you to many great things. As will a piggyback SIM. They are a temporary solution to a temporary problem....hopefully. The Gevey 3G Plus 2 works wonders. I have an older version of the Gevey and it's a cheap solution to this problem. The Plus 2 is a much better piggyback that WORKS. It isn't the most reliable but it's better than nothing.

4B. Should I still upgrade to 3.0 if I have a working piggyback SIM on 2.X firmware?

-If you don't want to lose your "unlock," do NOT upgrade to 3.0. There will possibly be a 3.0 3G unlock, but possibly not. Think in the sense that "if it isn't broken, don't try to fix it." Not from personal experience, but I've read around blogs and forums that piggyback SIMs did not work with any of the 3.0 betas and I'm sure that's evidence enough that the piggyback SIM is directly made for the 02.30.03 baseband.

5. "JUST GIVE US 2.2.1 BASEBAND 02.30.03 UNLOCK!!!!! I DON'T CARE ABOUT 3.0!!!"

-First of all, lose the caps. Unnecessary yelling is just unnecessary. Who woulda thunk it? 3.0's "brand new" baseband is still going to have similar yet different code. If there is an exploit in the 02.30.03 baseband, it's likely a similar exploit can be found in 3.0's new baseband. No I'm not saying that it's the exact same code, but similar. If you've ever programmed, you'd understand that there are many ways of doing the same thing twice. And it's possible that Apple uses this method when dealing with baseband, firmware, etc.

From Iphone Dev Team Blog
  2. SumDaii

SumDaii Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    very nice write up.
  3. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    This will definitely answer some questions people have about unlocks and 3.0
  4. Mircix

Mircix Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I saw this post on the iphone dev team's blog comments
  5. SumDaii

SumDaii Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    so is it a cut n paste job?
  6. sickamore

sickamore New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    like i said. I wasnt the one who created it. I just posted it because i found it important here. To many of the same thing asking over and over.
  7. SumDaii

SumDaii Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    well then put a source on it such as the iphone dev team's comments, like Mircix said.
  8. TmacHot

TmacHot Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    He says from Dev Team

Please Register or Log in to view images

Anyway thank you for this !
  9. touch_iPod

touch_iPod Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Thanks for the info, buddy... Great work there!

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. sickamore

sickamore New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Thanks goes out to the Dev Team and many supporters there as you and me.