new 8GIpod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by case1212, Jan 15, 2008.

1. case1212

case1212 New Member

I'm sure the Mod will get after me telling me to search.

I received an Ipd Touch yesterday (8 gig). I have been using a 60 gig ipod and now want to start using the Touch. I have a lot of photos on my Ipod that I don't want on the touch.

Can someone take the time to give me a step by step method to sync my Touch to my PC and only sync the music I want and not put the photos on the touch.

I will charge the battery at work today and tonight I want to snyc with the pc.

Thanks,

Bill Case
  2. bddckr

bddckr Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Click on the Touch in iTunes. Make a check at "manually sync" (or whatever it's called). So just use drag 'n' drop for music and videos.
    For photos make a new directory on your pc and copy the pics you want over there. Then click on the Touch, then photos and just search the folder.
    Sync it. That's it.
  3. FregoS

FregoS New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Is there, or actually, shouldn't there be a action that you can automatically update the songs you want, and when you connect another ipod it will update different songs?
  4. bddckr

bddckr Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You could just make a playlist for the one, than one for the other and make sure the iPod will only get his own playlist...
  5. case1212

case1212 New Member

First time sync of my Touch

I want to ensure that when I connect my Touch for the first time when I get home today that It does not automatically sync everything like my 60 Gig does now.

I understand that I must connect to Itunes, download the apps, etc. I just want to be able to select only the music, autiobooks, etc. that I want on the touch.

Can I make a selection as to what to sync once I have connected to ITunes and before it begins to sync all my music, books and photos?

I downloaded and printed the user guide from ITunes but it is not real clear to me on that first time sync.

Thanks,
  6. bddckr

bddckr Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If you connect it for the first time
    it will let you set some settings like you want to... So don't be frightened, it will ask before doing something

Please Register or Log in to view images