New 8gb 2g i touch Downgrading problems

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by elitenoob, Sep 20, 2009.

1. elitenoob

elitenoob New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hello guys and, maybe, girls,

I have some problems with downgrading my new 8gb 2G I touch I bought last week at the apple store. Yes, I believe there is something that apple did that made the new 8 Gb 2G I touches different from the older 8 GB 2G I touches.

For some reason, I always get the error 1601 whenever I try to restore my I touch, and have read most of forums about downgrading that I know how to do DFU--I'm sure enough I have done it many times while trying out all the tutorials and watching youtube videos.

I never got the white screen, signifying I have not completed the restore process;I only recieved the long, arduous wait of the "preparing to restore".

I have read a past post that said something about firmware problems with downgrading the new 8gb 2G I touch. I just want help and bring this up for us little guys who bought it.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Oh, one more thing, I am trying to downgrade to 3.0 firmware.
  2. moe_the_toe

moe_the_toe New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Same problem with me!! if you get an answer please pm me (privat message).... I'm really frusterated!!!!
  3. elitenoob

elitenoob New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Moe the toe, you don't have the problem as me: your error was that you weren't in DFU mode while restoring, whereas I was, hence the unlit black screen of ipod when you restore.

I have tried the 8.2 Itunes method (installing 2.1.1 and 3.0), the QuickFreedom method, the downgrade method from 3.1.1 to 3.0 by installing firmware 3.0 and restoring it by Shift+Click and DFU mode.

To no avail, none was able to get pass the "preparing to restore" and 1602 error or even get the white screen that I heard so much about.
  4. Infratical

Infratical New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Like I have heard many times, You can't downgrade to something you never had. Any new iPod that comes with 3.1 installed cannot be downgraded, as I heard.