New 5.11.07 bug may be a possible unlock solution!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ChronicFunk, Oct 17, 2009.

1. ChronicFunk

ChronicFunk New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    A tweet on @iH8sn0w's Twitter account unveils a possible exploitable injection vector to MuscleNerd of the iPhone Dev-Team to look at and possible investigate more.

The command is "AT+XEMN", which an be used to manipulate the input, resulting in a positive injection hole!

An example of the command was also tweeted, "AT+XEMN="0000000000000000000jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj".

I hope it can be worked with! That would mean those of you who mistakenly updated to 3.1.x would be able to unlock if needed.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. SmexyPenguin18

SmexyPenguin18 Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    This'll help my cousin. I always tell her not to update unless she asks me but she updates every time a new fw comes out. Then she gets mad at me because she can't use her phone.
  3. blackheart

blackheart New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Are you serious? Oh, man, my hands are shaking. This means that soon I will be able to unlock my 3GS.
  4. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Read MN's twitter. http://twitter.com/MuscleNerd

Attention @iH8sn0w : You claim you have a bug for baseband 5.11. Please pastebin it (PM me for help on that). Otherwise you are a fraud.

After @ih8sn0w pastebins the bug, he can claim credit, then he can contact me with it. I can develop it into unlock. Otherwise he lies.

@iHacker but @ih8sn0w would never, ever, ever be able to develop it into an actual unlock. And so I offer this very public outreach.

@phate89 the unlock is important to countless people. When @ih8sn0w teases that he has one, it sucks...because he has nothing for it

@mys7 check his blog for the money link. The only thing he actually released was amalgamation of free tools (taken without credit)

@oldtropes well @ih8sn0w now has very public way to show he's not lying. pastebin his "crash" or admit he fabricated it. He'll do neither.
  5. blackheart

blackheart New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Shiiiiiiiiit. It would be so awesome if this turns out to be real.
  6. ChronicFunk

ChronicFunk New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I guess we'll have to wait for official comment from MuscleNerd....

Even though the command has been out for almost 12 hours, MuscleNerd has yet to comment which may indicate he may have positive results with the command.

I really hope the best as countless people count on an unlock to use their iPhones.

7. Samphotog

Samphotog Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    maybe he got somewhere and got caught up in working on it i hope i hope i hope
  8. Xhiea

Xhiea Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    This is pretty cool, even though i dont need to unlock this stuff still excites me. My dad however is crapping himself that he wont be able to use his phone because he updated despite me telling him that he would screw his phone up
  9. ChronicFunk

ChronicFunk New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Same here, I'm on an official carrier, but this stuff still excites me!

10. blackheart

blackheart New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I am not on AT&T, so I rely on it to use my iPhone that is still shiny in its box.Come on, mr. MuscleNerd, Devteam, Geohot, we are relying on you.