iPhone 3GS New 3GS Units Now Jailbreak Resistant

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by studangerous, Oct 14, 2009.

1. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It looks as though Apple may have finally got around to fixing the bootrom vulnerabililty played on by the 24kPwn exploit.

Tweets by @Mathieulh and backed up by Dev Team mebers show that 3GS units are now shipping with a new bootrom version iBoot-359.3.2.

Please Register or Log in to view images

NEW BOOTROM

OLD BOOTROM

The new bootrom at the very least means that current jailbreak tools don't work and may need to be modified and at worst and most probable is that Apple have patched out the bootrom vulnerabliity that the 24kPwn exploit played on. The latter case would mean that new 3GS units are unjailbreakable until one of the hacking teams finds a new vulnerability and is able to exploit it.
  2. blackheart

blackheart New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well, it was gonna happen anytime now that geohot and devteam won another battle. And this is apple's answer...something like..."Crack this, b*tches". I am 99% sure that devteam and/or geohot will strike back with..."We did!"

But I think apple doesn't really want to take total control over the iPhones, because they could...very easy with over the air upgrade. Like the G1 had. The phone will not work anymore until it's updated. I am still praying for the devteam and geohot to release an unlock for the new baseband.
  3. superrob

superrob Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Oh no..... this got to be a lie.... ive going to buy one in about 4 days... lets hope the danish carriers doesn't have the fix'd ones.... damm why does this happend right before the time where ive planned to buy one?

Lets just hope the 16GB black's ive seen them have on stock for quite a while doesn't contain this new bootrom.
  4. tech3475

tech3475 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I may be getting one in jan, I hope they can find a fix.

Still, Normally I wouldn't expect this until the 4G model came out.
  5. Mr.Funman

Mr.Funman Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    its NOT jailbreak resistant, they just changed the iBoot ROM and The iPhone Dev. Team, GeoHot and Chronic Dev. Team WONT GIVE UP!!
  6. iPhone4idiots

iPhone4idiots New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    GeoHot will find a new way to hack in I'm sure. Besides there are tons of 3GS iPhones out there already that can be jailbroken. I'm sure Apple's new iPhone in the summer still won't be as good as a jailbroken 3GS despite the bigger drive and slightly higher megapixel camera.
  7. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Didn't we have a chat recently about this kind of posting? Did you not bother to read all the details?

8. Mr.Funman

Mr.Funman Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    how do you know that??
  9. Bl00dr4g3

Bl00dr4g3 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    im not saying it will happen but what happens if they cant get passed it? Anyway, if they couldn't get past it wouldn't apple lose a ton of customers?
  10. Andy Huang

Andy Huang Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    No, not really. Those that buys it strictly for the purpose of jailbreaking are not really part of Apple's intended customers anyways.