New 3G[S]?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by superrob, Oct 6, 2009.

1. superrob

superrob Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Heya everyone.

Im currently looking into buying an iPhone 3G... but! As the date is about one month away to purchase and well... at that time there is a good chance that GreenP0ison or GeoHot's jailbreak has been released for 3.1 and i wont really like to miss having a saved ECID for it.

But. As it will nearly 100% certanly be shipped with 3.0 and i was wondering... if you jailbreak it while its on 3.0 wont you be able to extract all the files? Or is the ECID stuff dropped from the LLB and iBoot after restore/upgrade and therefore ONLY used to verify during the process?
  2. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    The started shipping with 3.1 already I believe.
  3. superrob

superrob Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Ahh ok. Well ill just see what ill get. Im going to get it here in Denmark so the whole Unlocking wont be an issue.
    Ill just make sure to restore it with the cydia server the first day as the first thing ill do

Please Register or Log in to view images

Now ill just have to make sure to get it BEFORE a 3.2

------------------double post merged------------------
    But! IF you get a 3.0... will you then be able to acturally jailbreak it and save your 3.0 ECID/SHSH?
  4. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

I have a feeling that you will be fine when you get your 3GS. The way things are going between GeoHot and Chronic Dev it will be less than a month for something to be released for a 3.1 JB.

Also, I believe Saurik's site is full. You can still back up your ECID but you'll have to do it on your own.
  5. superrob

superrob Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Ahh... that means that sauriks ECID server is all used up? Bummer.. Bah ill just follow that local server guide and upload the files EVERYWHERE

6. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

I could be wrong about Saurik's site being full but I thought I read it somewhere. If I can confirm that I will add to this; regardless, you might want to try loading them onto Cydia if you want to go that route.
  7. Number8

Number8 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I don't know about Saurik's server being full but I DO KNOW that he can't back up the 3.0 ECID anymore, you'll have to back up your 3.1 ECID.
  8. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

Thanks for the info; that is probably what I had seen and assumed too much.
  9. superrob

superrob Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Well yes. Woa im really sounding like a noobie right now but the tool "umbrella" would do just fine collecting my ECID/SHSH file right?
  10. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

I have not looked at "Umbrealla" at all as I got my ECID with Cydia

Just did some reading on Saurik's blog and he is able to take the ECID files from 3.1 iPhones. For now this does not do a lot for people but in the future this could be huge.

Once you get your iPhone things may be different and I imagine there will be a way to jailbreak it.