New 1.12 NES app glitchy

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by EnTg, Nov 11, 2007.

1. EnTg

EnTg New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    So I installed the new update. It caused some of my ROMS to lock up randomly, or have graphical glitches that were not there before. Then I uninstalled it and reinstalled it, both with Installer and with SSH. Now the icons on the main screen are missing! (the ones for "all games", saved games, etc).
    Anyone confirm this, or better yet, anyone have the old version?
  2. jeremiah239

jeremiah239 Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    i updated mine and it works fine.
  3. lilskaterpunk

lilskaterpunk New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I'm still using NES v1.9.1.... is it worth updating to NES v1.12.0 or whats the difference?? I would like to stay with a stable version...

Thanks
  4. Happyguy

Happyguy New Member

Does anyone get a fat A B buttons when you turn the ipod as a recturangular screen?

When I 1st intalled the NES old version the problem still existed.
  5. rawkward

rawkward New Member

hey I'd love to help with your glitches but I havent even figrued out how to put roms on there at all yet!
  6. TJd

TJd New Member

Thats because when u have it fullscreen it takes up alot. Turn off full screen and it should be normal
  7. spinner

spinner New Member

roms

uh, to the guy who hasn't got ROMs on his nes emu (and anyone else with the same problem) heres two ways to do it easily.(without ssh or sftp) The first way is to go to installer.app. Open your list of sources by tapping the sources button in the bottom right hand corner. Tapp edit on your sources page, then tapp add on the upper left hand corner of the screen. Leave the http in there and type markmon.mine.nu:90/iphone/repo/repo.plist Then hit ok and it should start refreshing your sources. After it's finnished, you should have a package called Big Boss ROM pack in your games folder (in installer.app). Just download that and you'll get a bunch of ROMs in your nes app. (a couple of the roms don't work, just delete those.) The second way is... download iShare from installer.app and follow the iShare instructions to register for the free account. Once your completly registered ( after you pick up the registration email), you can download your ROMs of choice from *cough theoldcomputer.com cough*. After you've done that, unzip the ROMs using winrar or whatever. Then go to sendspace.com (thats what iShare is) and login . Then just click upload, then browse ( don't fill in any file info)(it does that for you),then browse to your ROMs ,double click on one, double click on the .nes file that comes up and then click upload. It should say it was succesful. On your ipod, go to iShare and login, then click download then download from my account. Choose the rom you want and download it. ( omg! I just realized you have to download mobile finder first before you do this iShare method. mobil finder is in installer.app) then navigate to media, then ROMs, then NES and click select. hooray! I hope you like these methods because I just spent 35 minutes typing all this for you on my itouch! (I can't get at my pc right now) Happy gaming!
  8. iPodt

iPodt New Member

On your touch go to /private/var/root/Library/Preferences and delete this file: nes.init
    The Icons will reappear on the next start of NES.
    Have fun.