Never ending boot logo!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by Dabone, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Dabone

Dabone Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I was just messing around for the first time with making a theme. I would make an icon or 2 and then put it on my ipod. Everything was fine until I decided to do the status bar and wallpaper. The first time it worked, but the second time, when I wanted to resize the wallpaper, it took a much longer time to transfer over ssh. I thought it was normal so I did a respring to look at my partially completed theme, but then it kept on rerespringing. I waited for about 4 resprings, then i decided to restart my ipod. Now when I turn it on, it keeps on rebooting. And when the apple logo comeson, you can see the the spinning wheel.

Apple Logo > Black Screen > Apple Logo > Black Screen > Apple Logo > Black Screen and so on.

PLEASE DON'T JUST SAY A DFU RESTORE. I'M LOOKING FOR A REAL EXPLANATION UNLESS A RESTORE IS THE ONLY WAY.
  2. Luigi453

Luigi453 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Im sorry, to tell you, but i believe the DFU restore IS the only way to fix this. Since it never actually boots, there is no way to do anything to the device to fix it.
  3. Dabone

Dabone Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    But does anyone know WHY it doesn't even boot?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Here is my theme. Looking around to see what is wrong would really be nice.

http://www.[PIRACY.mu].com/?d=KAXN4R8O