never could figure this out

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by in/flux, Jan 27, 2008.

1. in/flux

in/flux New Member

Dec 15, 2007
    First of all, I'd like to say thank you to the iPod touch dev team, Nate True, ipodtouchacker, ipodtouchmaster and whoever have played a part in the 1.1.3 jailbreak.

However, I can't help but wonder what happened to the original plan: wait until release of the SDK (1.1.4) so we can have both the jailbreak AND Apple SDK applications. It seems as though we're all trying to jailbreak for 1.1.3, which is merely an intermediary update until the SDK... Next month.

If we didn't do this jailbreak and held off until 1.1.4, chances are that the jailbreak would still work. But as this jailbreak is released for a mediocre update, Apple is watching this forum quietly and will plug that hole just like they did with 1.1.2.

And it is really a mediocre update. All of the things you can do with 1.1.3 can be done with 1.1.2: iPhone apps, dock, the whole shebang, with the exception of the faux maps GPS, which admittedly was a cool concept but executed badly (you need an Internet connection to actually pinpoint yourself. Only a cool feature on the iPhone.)

So, I don't know what I'm trying to change here, but I guess it's just something to keep in mind for future updates.

I'm personally sticking with 1.1.2, so I don't have to deal with compatibility and getting my apps reinstalled.
  2. jltdhome

jltdhome Member

Oct 9, 2007
    It really is just a simple update. The only new things I can see from playing with my iPod for the last few days is the ability to rearrange icons directly from the home screen, create bookmark icons to the home screen directly from safari, locate yourself using google maps, a feature that has not worked for me since I am not using a registered wifi connecting, the ability to watch rented movies through iTunes (why would anyone pay that much money when you can go to blockbuster and pay half the price to watch the movie for 3 whole days). For some reason, I still havent been able to figure out the lyrics display on the music player.