NEVER Buy the Incase Slider! EVER!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by twigster9, Jul 19, 2009.

1. twigster9

twigster9 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    NEVER Buy the Incase Slider! EVER! (Unless you hate yourself)

Never ever buy the Incase Slider as there are problems with them not coming off (as in getting stuck)! People (such as I) have had to resort to brute force methods. They will not come off as Incase made batches with the wrong size specs.
    People Pissed off:Here, Here, and Here.
    Heres what i had to do to get it off after 2 freakin hours!

Please Register or Log in to view images

The part where the volume rocker is needed to be cut to bend the railing.

The "cuts" on the upper middle part of the case was my frustration and failed attempt to cut the case.

The bottom piece had no scratches though. Any buyers lol.

Review Anyone?!
    I know that there's tons of reviews out there for the Incase slider but would anyone want me to do a review? I'm getting another one tomorrow (thanks Incase customer support) and I hope it's the new one with fancy packaging and that video stand.

Update: Review is up! Click here!
  2. dette

dette New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    What the hell? Thats weird! I have an InCase Slider black myself and it fits snug and darn near perfect! Dropped on the concrete with my old iPhone before I got a replacement and it protected the phone perfectly... Does its job in my opinion

You ripped the case to get it off? That sucks =\
  3. malice9005

malice9005 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yikes that sucks may i suggest griffin nu form as your next i have not had any problem with it
  4. twigster9

twigster9 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yeah it does suck because i really liked the case. IThe good news is thats one f***in tough case. I have no worries about it being about to stand a drop. I contacted Incase but and they have to get back to me but i effed up the case. I have a trip soon and AT&T has bad coverage up there so i had to get the sim card in and set.
  5. dette

dette New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    the case is great... i was looking at some threads all it looked like they were all in 2008 and it was only the white ones..

AT&T has bad coverage MANY places what else is new haha
  6. twigster9

twigster9 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I got it at Best Buy so it might have been an old batch. The Griffin Nu Form looks legit and its only twenty buxs. It took me forever to cut the case because i had to put a microfiber cloth between the blade and the iPhone. Its a tough and rigid case though, except you cant take it off.
  7. dette

dette New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Yes the case is very tough! I only have a little gouge on the outside on the corner from dropping it 3 feet off the ground on gravel/concrete...

but that is very weird because mine is fine and its black and i got it like 2 months ago
  8. twigster9

twigster9 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Im going to the Apple store this Tuesday because of wifi issues, the rattling noise, and a constant buzzing noise from the ear speaker all the time. Ill try and see if i can get an Incase Slider that fits good then.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    For now im using my back up Belkin silicone case which is very easy to take off.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    FML! Thanks to this piece of s*** case I spent the time for my chem
    AP homework dealing with this case! It's 3:37 ugh.
  9. JayXL14

JayXL14 Member

I love the incase Slider and want one, but I have a Bodyguardz and I don't want to remove it.

The reason I still love it after reading this is because the first models or shipments of the Slider had this problem. They apparently changed the design somehow for it to slide out easily now.
  10. dette

dette New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Hmm I dont want those problems lol im getting my 3GS today