Never Been To An Apple Store Before, Want To Exchange My Ipod - Help Please!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by keepup, May 17, 2010.

1. keepup

keepup New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    So here's the deal. I have a 1st Generation 8G iPod Touch. About half a year ago I found a 1st Generation 16G iPod Touch. Now I tried using but I think something was wrong with the battery or something.

I would charge it for a few hours, turn it on and the battery would still be red. So whatever I didn't really use it that much.

But now my 8G is getting a little small...so I'm thinking about getting a 16G/32G...I know they don't make 16G anymore but see

The 16G that I have doesn't really work. I plug it into my computer, iTunes doesn't pick it up BUT when I press the Sleep button the Apple logo pops up but then it disappears...so it doesn't work.

Can I bring it back to the store to get a new one? I found it so would they be able to find out it wasn't mine? Would I get another 16G even though they don't make 16G anymore?

Someone please help!
  2. i.think.different

i.think.different Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Its way out of warranty and registered to whoever bought it.
  3. canardo93

canardo93 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    • Irrelevant/off-topic posts
    Epic Thread of Failure
  4. keepup

keepup New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well like I have said I have never been to an Apple store in my life.

But yeah I just restored it...after not using it for a few months and I'm going to charge it. It probably won't charge but I'll give it a shot.

Regarding the exchange...will they let me exchange it even though I don't have a receipt or anything? Will they be able to use the Serial Number and locate who the original owner was? Under what conditions will they let me exchange it? If it was perfectly fine I can't just be like "Hey, I want to exchange it" can I?
  5. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

I don't think they'll let you exchange it, maybe they'll give you a discount though.
  6. ipodtouch1234

ipodtouch1234 Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    FYI, they are very intimidating. They will push you to buy things more than any other store I have ever been in.
  7. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
    When I went to get headphones replaced, they weren't intimidating in the least. Just explain what the issue is and they'll help you out.
  8. mohaas05

mohaas05 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Probably because employees get benefits based on how much they sell.

Strangely though I've never been pressured to buy anything at my Apple store.
  9. keepup

keepup New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well yeah obv. they won't let me exchange it for a 16G...because they don't make them anymore, so they'll give me a discount?

How much is the discount usually? How easily is to get a discount?

And yeah, I don't care if they're intimidating or not cause I'm not spending more than I have to, I'm very frugal.
  10. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Hm, well they offered me like $20 for my iPod Classic. But it was a long time ago and I don't really remember, but it wasn't worth it. But it'll save you a bit of money. Maybe it also depends on the condition of it as well. It'll be best to go to Apple and see what they can do.