never answered, please help

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by Lienutus, Aug 30, 2008.

1. Lienutus

Lienutus Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have been asking the same question for about a week and no one gives me an answer. I have a jailbroken 1.1.4 right now and i want to get 2.0. I've heard you can go back to 1.1.4 after you get 2.0 with a downgrade and i've heard you can jailbreak 2.0. Is this true? and how can i get back to my jailbroken 1.1.4 exactly the way it is before i upgrade? I've heard you can use the itunes restore on a jailbroken 1.1.4 and it will give you all your old apps and settings from jailbreaking but i doubt thats true. Can anyone please help?
  2. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

You SSH in and copy /Applications, /var/root/Library/, and /var/mobile/Library to your computer. If you go back to 1.1.4, just SSH in and put them back on.

You can downgrade, and you can jailbreak 2.0.
  3. Gatzy118

Gatzy118 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yes you can definitly jailbreak 2.0.x however downgrading back to 1.1.4 requires you to install a previous version of iTunes. And yh ssh nd backup apps. Id also recommend backing up stuff in root and mobile. U may need it. Never know.
  4. cripesonfriday

cripesonfriday New Member

Yes you can downgrade, there is a thread about it if you had searched, I typed in "downgrade" and got
    http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76884&highlight=downgrade
    You can jailbreak 2.0, just click on the seperate forum called "iPod touch 2.0.x Jailbreak"
    http://www.ifans.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=142

No you can't get you 2.0 apps on a downgraded 1.1.4, that is why you have to upgrade to 2.0 in the first place.If you mean back to original 1.1.4 settings then you copy the files first, and when you go back , stick em back on.

The reason you haven't got an answer is because the answers are already pretty obvious and startin multiple threads are only going to encourage normally placid types like me to type these long rambling responses when less patient people would have said "search" and possibly called you a gay or something
  5. Lienutus

Lienutus Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    thanks for helping then, i didnt have the time to search