iOS 3.1 Neutered 'iPod Controls' in 3.1

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by MadasHell, Sep 9, 2009.

1. MadasHell

MadasHell New Member

When multitasking in OS 3.1.1, like browsing in Safari, or playing a game, what's the rationale behind being able to pause your music/podcasts with the pop-up controls, but after closing the pop-up controls, not being able to access the pop-up controls again to resume the audio? In order to resume the audio, we're now forced to exit the application that we're in.

This was not the case in 3.0 and earlier.

Basic use of the pop-up controls, like being able to start listening to music/podcasts while already in another app, without having to start playing audio beforehand, is no longer possible if using OS 3.1.1.

Furthermore, more advance uses of the pop-up controls, like being able to listen to the audio portion of a downloaded video podcast, and multitask at the same time, is no longer possible if using OS 3.1.1.

I have no idea why the use of the iPod controls has been neutered, but doing so has taken away one of the few major multitasking features that iPhone/iPod Touch user like myself had at their disposal, and frequently used.

Now how many more months am I going to have to wait for Apple to fix something that they intentionally broke?

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. gman180

gman180 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yep same story man bummer isn't it I was playing real racing then wanted to change the song then it didn't work I was pissed
  3. daio

daio Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Aaaaaaaahhh!!! This is a huge step backwards!!! Nooo ... take it away please! I wonder what the reasoning was behind that change of functionality.
  4. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I just checked on my friends 3.0 iPhone and it's exactly the same.. once you close the iPod Controls window a double home button press shells you out of the app and into your set home-button double-click quick launch app... nothing has actually changed.
  5. Soutar_3DG

Soutar_3DG Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    this changed from 2.2.1 to 3.0 to get it back install ipodpop from cydia
  6. MadasHell

MadasHell New Member

You're, absolutely right...IF...anything but the 'Home' option was chosen (e.g iPod or Search) in 3.0.

On the other hand, if you have your "Double-click the Home Button for" action set to "Home", and "iPod Controls" Set to "On", double clicking the Home Button in 3.0 ALWAYS leads to the pop-up controls being displayed, regardless of what app you're in, or whether or not you are playing audio.

I am 100% certain because I just finished downgrading my 2G iPod Touch from 3.1.1 to 3.0 , and am as happy as can be.

7. iMario

iMario Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I hope this is true, cause if it is, it's in my advantage.
  8. Quatsch83

Quatsch83 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Slight workaround....

If you turn the screen off and then back on, you can get the controls back by double tapping the home button before doing the unlock slide.

Still annoying, but at least you don't have to exit out to the music screen

9. zDSpider

zDSpider Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    How exactly is that to your advantage ?
  10. iMicky

iMicky New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I'm on 3.0 and I don't have this problem...