Network > VPN

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by llabtaem, Sep 17, 2010.

1. llabtaem

llabtaem New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I am new to this whole forum thing so if I'm in the wrong place simply look to your left as it says ' Amateur '. Now on to my question I have figured out how to connect my Ipod to my computer via VPN but how do I access my computer through my Ipod now? (remember what the left side of your screen says) For Example I want to view a picture on my computer through my Ipod how do I go about that or is everything I'm doing wrong (I guessing wrong). Thank you for your time. I appreciate it.

-Bryan
  2. applehacker

applehacker Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    its better if u use iteleport go in itunes search and install i think its free
  3. llabtaem

llabtaem New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Thank you for your reply I looked up ' iteleport ' and they want $24.99 for the app (I hope that's what you meant) or they have ' Crazy Remote ' for $4.99. I just thought there was a free way of doing it (not to sound cheap) but, oh well If I want to access my computer that bad I'll buy an app. I was just doing this to learn something new. Thank you for your time.
  4. applehacker

applehacker Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    but ye iteleport is good and show the full pc screen with all functions u should buy
  5. llabtaem

llabtaem New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yeah when I get a couple of bucks to spare I will do that because I hate the fact you can't watch flash videos (like southparkstudios.com). Which I don't know why apple won't ever allow flash but that's another thread. I am correct though right that I will be able to do what ever I want on my Ipod using my computer like watching south park episodes?
  6. sanga282

sanga282 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    VPN != VNC
    VPN is a tunnel between a connection a VNC is a desktop sharing system using, VPN doesn't give you VNC access VPN just allows you to tunnel your traffic via a different IP location providing anonymity on the net or allowing you to access an intranet or similar such thing
  7. llabtaem

llabtaem New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Alright yeah I'll look up this ' VNC ' connection and see what I gotta do. Thank you for the info and thank you for your time.