network needs password

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by justin380, Dec 17, 2007.

1. justin380

justin380 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i searched for this for a while and couldnt find anything but i got wifi at my house but when i try to go into it on my ipod it needs a password. anybody know how to change the password or remove it?
  2. sn1p3r

sn1p3r New Member

Does your wifi have a password?
  3. Alexpb

Alexpb New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    lol it's probably not his wifi. No you cannot remove or change someone elses wifi password.

If it IS your wifi. Than ask whoever set it up to give you the password so you can connect wirelessly.
  4. CarlosR26

CarlosR26 New Member

It is a WEP Key.. you have to have it

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If it really is your router, either enter the passord onto your iPod or google "default wireless router passwords" type your routers adress into your browser, and change the password.
  6. justin380

justin380 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    lol yea it is mine i just cant figure out how to change it from the computer. im not even sure the password is the problem i know the default password is just password. it says unable to connect to the network when i put that in and it even says that for some of my neighbors networks that dont have passwords. i tried some of the ones that do have passwords and it would say incorrect password when i tried password and admin stuff like that as the password
  7. justin380

justin380 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    oh yea and my dad says he doesnt think he put in a password so im pretty sure its the default password but i looked that up and it still says "unable to connect to the network"
  8. Alexpb

Alexpb New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well there is a slim chance that:

You didn't have a password, which allowed ANYONE to connect. Which would also give them access to yoru router setup, allowing them to set up a password and locking you out (Unless you reset your router ofcourse).
  9. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Your wifi is obviously encrypted. Find the key by asking the administrator. You also can find out by typing in your IP address into a browser window and accessing your router' s settings.
  10. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Usually a "password" isn't like a liitle jingle you made up. Its some random combination of letters and numbers called a key. I happen to have mine memorized, but my guess is your dad or whoever does not.