"Network error: Connection timed out"

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by auni1996, May 30, 2010.

1. auni1996

auni1996 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    This is on WinSCP. I used to be able to SSH but now every time I try, this comes up. What do I do?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    OK never mind. It seems the IP address on my iPod changed for some reason.
  2. Naveen121

Naveen121 Well-Known Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey there. This is a quick little tip. I would recommend NOT using WinSCP in order to SSH, because it runs over Wifi. It would suck if you were in the middle of downloading something and the transfer was stopped due to a bad wifi network. So my suggestion to you is to use i-Fun Box (Windows) or Diskaid (Mac) in order to SSH into your ipod touch. This is because, instead of using the wifi network, these programs use the white USB cord for transfering files, so no more downloading failures. And there is also no password necessary, unlike WinSCP. Also, something that takes maybe 30 minutes to download will now download in about 2 minutes. You can easily search these two names on google and the first link or two is the website for downloading them. So, here you go. I hope this was helpful. :=]
  3. auni1996

auni1996 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Well...See...I originally thought it had to be done over Wi-Fi. I don't really mind waiting. I already have it set up and wireless is nice.