Network error: Connection refused

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by Roflcopter_Down, Oct 11, 2007.

1. Roflcopter_Down

Roflcopter_Down New Member

I hate to add another thread to the mix of "halp plz" posts but I'm stumped and I can't find the answer. I've tried restoring/retrying the procedure half a dozen times, taking WPA off my network, DMZing my iPod and PC and everything else I heard but to no avail. Curse you 'Network error: Connection refused'.

Any help would be much appreciated.

edit: I have an 8GiB iPod Touch, PC running WinXP and a Dir-655 router by D-link.
  2. Roflcopter_Down

bump for great justice!
  3. chupathingy

chupathingy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    I had the same problem.

The first time I tried I didn't restore my ipod and I got stuck at that same point.

Then I realized that the guide mentioned going into the setting to find your ip address so I thought to myself that maybe it only works from that screen.

Sure enough it worked BUT I don't think it was my theory, I think the first time I did it, I didn't give the ipod enough time to connect to the router.

Try waiting 10 seconds after the wifi symbol appears before hitting return.

For fun you can try my theory as well.

I hope you get this resolved, I know how I felt when it happened to me.
  4. eco21

eco21 New Member

Solution

Hi,

I too was stuck for ages on this part - why wouldnt PuTTy connect. I started again, and when it came to switching off the ipod twice i did this.

Go to settings - general - auto lock and turn it off

then switch phone off by holding it in at top, then slide across the power off bit
    when it is off wait 5 secs, hold the bottom on top, switching it on
    when it is on wait 5 secs, hold the button at the top, and then slide across the power off button
    then, wait 5 secs and switch it back on

dont restart, hold down the power power and the home button, it doesnt work,

I was stuck on this for ages and now feel bit wmbarrassed, just too excited to read the instructions properly
  5. Roflcopter_Down

@ chupathingy: I think that was my problem on my first attempt. After that I've always waited for it to connect and then waited some more.

@ eco21: That's what I've been doing. T_T

Both of you: Thanks for trying to help.
  6. `flo15

`flo15 New Member

God i have the same problem and i also have an d-link router?!?!
    I really need help on this too i've been doint this since 8 hours

Do you have msn or icq maybe we could try to help each other solve this crap
  7. Roflcopter_Down

I'm going to try it with an old, crappy Belkin 802.11b router I have laying around.
  8. `flo15

`flo15 New Member

I found this :

This error means that the network connection PuTTY tried to make to your server was rejected by the server. Usually this happens because the server does not provide the service which PuTTY is trying to access.
    Check that you are connecting with the correct protocol (SSH, Telnet or Rlogin), and check that the port number is correct. If that fails, consult the administrator of your server.

That means I guess it's something wrong with the router or the iPod

Edit: i may have figured something out? i'll have to do the jailbreak once again .....
  9. eco21

eco21 New Member

there has been so many steps in this jailbreak which i have had to do 5-6 times, and each time, I think I am doing the exact same,

the only way I did it was once found the ip address turn it off and on properly, not holding both buttons, not rushing through it
  10. `flo15

`flo15 New Member

I dont get it

Please Register or Log in to view images

this is just not working i eved edited the firewall settings in the router again..

Im hopeless i dont know what to do

Roflcopter_Down have you found anything out

Please Register or Log in to view images