Netgear modem router

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Ian, Dec 1, 2007.

1. Ian

Ian New Member

Hi.
    I just want to make sure i am going to buy the right router, i have got 2
    PC's in the house and my ipod 8GB touch which i want to run off the Netgear DGB111PN
    (http://www.comet.co.uk/cometbrowse/product.do?sku=397547). Am i right in thinking that i will have to buy another wireless USB Adaptor to run both PC's if so that's another £50

Please Register or Log in to view images

This is properly a silly question but-
    is it possible to keep my pc downstairs connected to the broadband modem and have the pc in my sons room connected to the wireless router (then i would have wireless for my Touch) and have a normal phone line so i can make calls when the PC's are online? then i could buy a cheaper router with a lower Data transfer speed and i would only need one wireless USB Adaptor.

Thanks for your help
    Ian
  2. Blake

Blake Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    If I understand you correctly,
    You can still have YOUR computer connected via ethernet cable,
    Its just that the ethernet cable will have to come out of the router first.
    Just but a wireless adapter(pretty cheap) and you can keep your sons computer connected via wireless.
  3. Ian

Ian New Member

Thanks for the quick reply,
    I will look in to getting a wireless adaptor, but if i still wanted to get the Netgear DGB111PN that would do the job okay?

Thanks
  4. blajeans

blajeans New Member

yes, the DGB111PN should be fine for your needs... i have a much older netgear with 3 computers (1 pc, 2 laptops) and the ipod... and it is working great....