netatalk config messed up ipod...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by stunts513, Jul 24, 2009.

1. stunts513

stunts513 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    hope i posted this under the right section..

i was trying to configure my netatalk to work with an old mac i have, and well, now I cant ssh my ipod, and at this point, i am frustrated because i have uninstalled netatalk, and reinstalled ssh, and it still refuses to work, if i use usb cable to tunnel into it, winscp immediately says "software caused connection abort".If i remember right, i have seen that before if i close down connection by exiting the app that tunnels into it, or if i just unplug ipod from cable. Anyways, that is if i use the tunneling connection, if i use it over wifi, it just says that the server closed the connection unexpectedly. Anyone got any ideas as to how to fix this problem without having to do a restore? Feel free to speak technically, well at least to a point, i'm more of a pc tech than a apple based system, but im learning linux so, yeah...
  2. deleted account 106

deleted account 106 Member

Are you sure you have the right user and pass? User: root Pass: alpine ?? I you have try using a differant shh client, if that doesn't work try a new computer. If this doesn't work then it sounds like a restore :S
  3. stunts513

stunts513 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    no its not the password, i changed that in the terminal, and have been using it for months, uh i could try another pc, just don't like making my mom get off hers and using it cause its slow... sides i'm on os 3 and i don't want to update itunes on it, cause its slow...
  4. iTouchGuru

iTouchGuru New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Does DiskAid allow you to file browse over USB?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    DiskAid is a file browser for the iPod/iPhone.

Its not SSH, but you can access everything you would normally on regular SSH except terminal. Im not saying you have to use it, but you could use it to maybe repair what damage that that app did to your iPod.

Just trying to help you avoid a DFU Restore.

Then again, its not that bad.

Regular back-up in iTunes.
    Download AptBackup in Cydia.

And then when you restore nothing will be changed.
  5. stunts513

stunts513 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    thanks, never heard of that browser, ive been using ifile on my ipod since mobile finder wont work on os3, i think im going to do sumthing reckless, and copy down the file list for netatalk, and delete any files it left behind when i uninstalled it.