Nessary tools for iPhone development on Linux

Discussion in 'iOS Development' started by mohitd2000, May 17, 2010.

1. mohitd2000

mohitd2000 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I am running a Linux Ubuntu 9.10 system and I was wondering the tools needed for iPhone development. I know that there is cygwin for Windows, but I am sure that bash can do what cygwin can. So how does cygwin compile iPhone applications and how would I transition this to bash.
  2. TakenAppleDownAPeg

TakenAppleDownAPeg Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    granted this only some 20mins old, but I'm not sure of the linux populace on MTF, might want to try a linux forum if no one responds.
  3. syeager

syeager New Member

I just jailbroke my 1st iPhone. It's iPhone 4 iOS 4.1. One of the first things I did, I installed OpenSSH and I can connect to it from Win7 PC using Putty. Looks like typical Unix. But I noticed many tools are missing. I tried to install iphone-gcc, but it didn't let me do it because the dependency gcclib or libgcc is missing. I am pretty much familiar with Unix development and command line interface.

Just wander, if I can have a full set of traditional developement tools like gcc, ld, vi, make, etc. on my iPhone? Or can I use cygwin to build some command line utilites for iPhone?