NES roms never work. WinSCP program for mac?

Discussion in 'iOS Emulators' started by gibsonkid89, Mar 31, 2008.

1. gibsonkid89

gibsonkid89 New Member

I have plenty of working NES ROM sources and i have the emulator installed. i am running 1.1.4 and i have installed both BSD subsystem and open ssh and i cannot get the roms to be found in the emulator. i wanted to try to just use installer to make it work but i'm not completely willing to use the computer to relocate the roms. can someone please give me some idea how to do this as well as what program i should use? i understand that they need to be uploaded to var/mobile/NES/roms or something like that but i'm not sure how to even do that. any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks a lot!
  2. mikeTherob

mikeTherob New Member

Well on a mac, i have found that cyberduck works quite well for everything i've needed to do with SSH. I dont know the download link but you should be able to just google it.

To get your iPod connected you can check out this thread: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9978, the only differences will be that you have to click open connection in the cyberduck window while it is something else on winscp.

Once you have connected, click the little up arrow next to the search bar in the cyberduck window once. You can now double click on the media folder, it should be on top. Now all you need to do is create a folder called ROMs (it has to be exactly that.) You can make a new folder through File>New Folder. Now double click on your newly made ROMs folder and make another one inside that called NES . Now you can add whatever roms you want into that folder.

If you need any more help PM me, i'll try to help.