NES roms for cydia?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by porky101, Sep 23, 2008.

1. porky101

porky101 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i have a jailbroken 2.0.2 ipod touch and through cydia I can get the NES emulator but is there a source where you can get the roms without doing an SSH like the old Installer?
  2. Noisemaker

Noisemaker Banned

You have to SSH them. They're really, really small files, so it doesn't take any time at all.

You can also get gpsPhone, which is a GBA emulator. Again, it's SSH'ing the ROM files on, but they're a bit bigger (4MB-16MB), so it takes a bit longer.

gameboy4iPhone and SNES4iPhone are out in Beta form as well, but they're hard to find and require permission tweaking to make them work.
  3. sprasad03

sprasad03 New Member

What is SSH them? I have 2.0.1 jailbroken and NES emulator, but i have nog ames and i cant figure out how to get them or where to get them.
  4. beeshabo

beeshabo Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    sprasad03

Google & YouTube are your friends......SEARCH!!!
  5. Noisemaker

Noisemaker Banned

Go into Cydia and download BossPrefs and OpenSSH.

Get WinSCP on your computer.

On your iPod, enable SSH and Wi-Fi through BossPrefs. Then, connect to the same network that your computer is on. After that, go to Settings, select Wi-Fi, and then click the arrow next to the network you're connected to. Leave this open so you can check the IP address.
    Also be sure that auto lock is turned OFF.

On your computer, open up WinSCP. Click "New." In the Host Name bar, type in the IP that your iPod is displaying. In the Username bar, type "root" without the quotes. In the password bar, type in "alpine" without the quotes. Click Login.

That will open your iPod up for file transfers, and is known as SSH. There are videos all over Youtube for it - I suggest you watch one to really get a good grasp on how it works.

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. frankjc81

frankjc81 New Member

The cydia source to use for instant nes roms is http://apt.123Locker.com if you havnt found allready. make sure you type exactly the same way
  7. trez.is.da.name

trez.is.da.name New Member

where can i get a rom for gpsphone that works. im always getting a message when i open it up saying its an incorrect bios
  8. Shadowriver

Shadowriver Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    One note (anti myth-gen ;p): SSH is not for file transferring, SSH is a protocol to transfer text and transmit keyboard and mouse input, it can be used to lot o things and ability to remotely operate system terminal (function of SSH in iPhone/iPoT) is small % what you can do with SSH :> File transferring is possible thanks to SFTP protocol that can be run on top of SSH and any other remote terminal protocols, SFTP server support is bulid-in to OpenSSH by default :>
  9. Trogdor711

Trogdor711 New Member

you have to download something frome cydia before you download the Roms...
  10. msudude1885@aim.com

msudude1885@aim.com New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    wtf this thread is a month old but anyway there is a source for roms on 2.x now
    (check the new ultimate source list)