nes roms 2 touch issue

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by tonyd09, Oct 31, 2007.

1. tonyd09

tonyd09 New Member

hello, i've jailbreaked my ipod touch the other day, by going to jailbreakme.com.

i installed everything necessary and other apps i wanted.

*I connect to wifi using someones unsecured router*

I want to put roms in my ipod, but i'm completely lost. I've tried the tutorial in the games section and it didnt work. I REALLY dont want to restore my ipod if i have to get roms on it.

so people, is there a way to get roms onto my ipod without winscp, cuteftp, or ibrickr? I just dont want to restore my ipod

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. lukkks

lukkks New Member

dont get it

You already jailbreaked your ipod?

if so you don't have to restore your ipod

3. sn1p3r

sn1p3r New Member

Getting roms onto your ipod will require you to be able to transfer the rom files from your computer, over to your ipod. This will require a program such as a sftp client (cuteftp, ibrickr etc). However, using any of these programs does not require you to restore your ipod. At first i was unsure of how to get the roms onto my ipod but after a little research i found it was quite easy. I'll talk you through the required steps.

1. Ensure you hve OpenSSH installed on your jailbreaked ipod. (Can be found on the installer app).

2. Download a client with sftp support and install it.

3. Go to your ipods wifi settings and find out the IP address of your ipod, then open your sftp client and enter the IP where it asks for 'Hostname'. Then enter the username as 'root' and password as 'alpine'. This should give you access to your ipods filesystem.

4. Open up the NES application again and it should tell you a directory in which the roms should be installed. I had to create these directories myself on the ipod using the client. Once that's done simply drag/drop the rom files into the newly created folder and they will be automatically installed. Close/open the NES app and you should see all your new roms listed.
  4. sjsharks

sjsharks New Member

nes roms

put your roms in media/roms/nes
    open media and click and create a new folder called roms, open roms and create another folder called nes. Download the roms and extract them once and then a second time, so the file type is nes. make sure the file type is an nes type file (.nes). Your ipod must be connected to your computer during this proccess. you must use a ssh client, cute ftp or winscp. sign in as your ip address username root password alpine. drag the nes roms from the folder to media/roms/nes. also, install nes from installer first. restart your ipod and you'll have the nes roms on your touch.
  5. tonyd09

tonyd09 New Member

Im using someones internet. the weird thing is that it switches to a secured network, to an unsecured one every now and then. when it has a locked icon next to it, im still connected

would this be a problem? like not having my own router?

I used winscp, and it won't let me log in earlier. it said "connection timed out"
    any help or advice?
  6. sjsharks

sjsharks New Member

That could be why it does that ????????
  7. humbert

humbert New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    IT'S JAILBROKE, NOT JAILBREAKED, PLEASE PEOPLE.

sorry it's late and it bothers me how many people use jailbreaked.

8. zamrud87

zamrud87 New Member

Problem is, how do you make new folder in ipod touch?

so far, I've downloaded the BSD subsystem, and the openSSH.
    I couldn't find any SSH client for MAC. Btw, do you make this folder from your ipod touch directy, or from your laptop/computer?

Thanks
  9. touchman87

touchman87 New Member

can u get nes roms on ur ipod without using the computer
  10. markymarkdotcom

markymarkdotcom New Member

look up "BOSS ROMS"

yup