NES - Enabling Disk Use? I've searched over an hour.

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by permutated, Dec 3, 2007.

1. permutated

permutated New Member

Either I suck at searching the web or I suck at searching this forum (or both), but I need help now.

I got my 1.1.1 Jailbroken finally after a few times trying, and I downloaded the NES emu to my iPod touch.

I have a bunch of Roms I want to put on my iPod touch, but I can't figure out how. I assume I need to enable disk use somehow? Or is it an .app I need to install and configure?

Help, please, I'm seriously exhausted from looking. My little fingers can't take no more hurtin.

Please Register or Log in to view images

-Nathan
  2. ben471

ben471 New Member

Ok what you need is an FTP client to SSH into your iPod. You can't enable disk use on the touch like you could on earlier generation iPods. You need an FTP client such as Winscp or similar. There is a guide on here for setting that up.
    (Someone correct me if the terminology is wrong, I know the basic idea is right.)

From there you would put the roms into /private/var/root/Media/ROMs/NES.
    That will make more sense after you access the iPod with the above method.
  3. Fatfrank

Fatfrank New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ROMs/NES is case sensitive.

Once you've set up above, drag your Roms into the NES folder. You'll now be able to access your games through your NES icon on your Springboard
  4. permutated

permutated New Member

Thanks guys, I appreciate the help. So often I'm stuck with user created packages and it looks like its gonna be the same with this for a while.

The BigBoss package is OK, not great. Castlevania might be corrupted which is just...unnacceptable.

Anyhow, thank you for your help, this forum is always a trusted resource.