NES emulator for iPhone tut

Discussion in 'iOS Emulators' started by Gamewinners42, Apr 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gamewinners42

Gamewinners42 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    • Illegal/piracy-related discussions
    Hmmm.. surprised there isnt one here already!

Please Register or Log in to view images

(sorry if its a little hard to understand. This is my first tut, and im only 12! XD)
    OK. so you've got a jailbroken iPhone/iTouch and you want to play some retro games? Thats what NES emu is for!
    you will need:
    • Jailbroken iPhone/iTouch
    • NES ROMS (i will provide a link)
    • A SSH app on your device.
    • iPhone Tunnel Suite

Open up Cydia. Search For "NES" and install it. IMG_0001.PNG There will now be a NES icon on your Springboard. (well depending on your theme)

Now retrieve your ROMS. Dont have any, or want ALOT more? Here you go! <link removed>

Turn on SSH on you device. Open up Iphone Tunnel Suite and press "iPhone tunnel" and "WinSCP". On your left is your device. Navigate to the VERY TOP of your apple product. Then go to var/mobile/Media. Make a Folder name "ROMs" and inside that make a folder called "NES". or if your using my roms just drag and drop "NES" into the ROMs folder. copy.png
    Now you may close out of iPhone Tunnel Suite and go to your iPod/iPhone! Enjoy the trill of playing classic games on your modern ipod! IMG_0002.PNG IMG_0003.PNG
  2. _Devn_

_Devn_ Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    thanks a bunch was never able to find ROMS before so i gave up gunna try now
  3. NavidS

NavidS New Member

Great tut! Much appreciated.
  4. dudeitsriley

dudeitsriley Banned

Thanks for the ROMS dude, but that link isn't allowed here... roms are technically illegal so a mod will probably make you take the link down. I'd edit the post and take out the link before you get warned/banned.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.