NES crashed my Ipod - how do i backup my files?

Discussion in 'iOS Emulators' started by kristianbang, Feb 6, 2008.

1. kristianbang

kristianbang New Member

Hi... I'm usually a very happy Ipod Touch user. I have istalled lots of nice applications, added a lot to my calender and contacts, written textfiles, made pdf's for the reader, installed a lot of books ect ect..

But today i was bores and installed the NES emulator, and my ipod totally crashed, and after a while went back to the "connect to itunes" screen. Well since I have jailbreaked quite some times now, I know what that means... Total restore, and the erasing of my personal files!!!!

How can I escape that? I really willing to do anything for restoring my files and all the work i have put in it...
    (have tried a couple of things without succes, can't really find anyone with the same problem as I)...

PS: i'm using 1.1.3 soft upgrade. And I usually access my ipod through Win SCP.

Please HELP!!!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. jonnydeath

jonnydeath New Member

I had the same thing happen to me with the SNES emulator. You do not need to do a full restore. I also have firmware 1.1.3

Get the 1.1.2 jailbreak software (which you should already have).

click the windows.bat or the jar file. Click the "Reboot from Recovery Mode" button. (Not the Jailbreak button). This will send the commands to the ipod, it should then reboot into regular mode. Yippie
  3. Zink

Zink Member

Device:
    iPad
    or you can just use ibrickr
  4. kristianbang

kristianbang New Member

Thanks

... will that keep my files on the ipod then? and do I just have to make the 1.1.3 upgrade again from installer... and everythings allright again??... sounds very very nice

5. jonnydeath

jonnydeath New Member

If you use this method (or iBricker) it will just reboot and you should be able to use it right away. It will still be jailbroken, exactly how it was before it crashed.