NES.app wii controller skin beta--- help wanted

Discussion in 'iOS Emulators' started by Youknowwho1890, Mar 2, 2008.

1. Youknowwho1890

Youknowwho1890 New Member

okay I made an wii-themed NES skin (much credit goes to djkakarotto, bc many of the buttons are from his wii gpsphone skin). I replaced almost all of the pngs in the NES.app folder with wii-themed modified versions including:
    -portrait mode
    -landscape mode
    -full-screen portrait mode
    -full screen landscape mode
    -all the button input displays (up,down,left,right,a,b)

i replaced the old nes.app with my modified nes.app thru winscp, set permissions (im running 1.1.2 btw) and booted up nes.app on my touch. The first time i tried, landscape mode (normal and fullscreen) worked (except for the button input displays i had made), but portrait mode didnt. the second time i tried, nes wouldnt open. Can someone tell me what im doing wrong? feel free to look at the attached modded nes.app

ps feel free to try it out, i think it might work better on 1.1.1. just SSH into your ipod, copy the old nes.app out of applications folder as a backup, and replace it with the new one.

Attached Files:

• NES.zip
      File size:
      798.2 KB
      Views:
  2. coolcocol911

coolcocol911 New Member

highlight everything in this folder and replace everything in the NES.app with these files
  3. Youknowwho1890

Youknowwho1890 New Member

yah I've actually got it all figured out by now,i just need to optimize the button positions a bit more, and some finishing touches, and a good icon. Ill post the completed version in iPod touch themes soon