NES App Problems

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Application Compatibility' started by ElectricBuffalo, Jan 29, 2008.

1. ElectricBuffalo

ElectricBuffalo New Member

Hey guys,

I updated to the 1.1.3 jailbreak (originally I used NateTrue's but I went back and used the dev team jailbreak for the second time around) and installed the NES App... now, the NES application is having trouble saving settings and none of the icons along the bottom (All Games, Bookmarks, etc) show up as if the app has some problem. I've uninstalled both the App and the ROMs for it but nothing changed. Literally every time I close out of it and open it again it restores to default game settings. Anybody else having this problem or better yet, know how to fix it? Thanks.
  2. CorranQ

CorranQ New Member

Device:
    iPhone
  3. trigg3r

trigg3r New Member

The icons problems are related to the jb or the emulator code.
  4. CorranQ

CorranQ New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Weird... I'd still suggest upgrading to 2.0.4 as it was meant for 1.1.3 and is running fine on my iPod Touch though.
  5. ElectricBuffalo

i have never installed an app manually... so i tried earlier just putting the NES.app folder in my Applications directory... are there any other steps i should take? i put it in the folder (2.0.4) and it crashed every time i went into it... it would go to a white screen for a few seconds then drop me back to the springboard... am i missing a step?
  6. CorranQ

CorranQ New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Yuppers - you have to access the information of the directory (usually as simple as right-clicking and opening info). The resulting window should have a list of user permissions. Set it to 755 and make sure it applies it to NES.app and all the files inside of it (apply permissions recursively in other words).

I know this might be in french, but I'll do my best to help

Please Register or Log in to view images

What program are you using to access your iPod with?
  7. bluetiger20

bluetiger20 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    You need to set the permissions in the Application folder to 0755, as mentioned above.

BUT! I just figured this out! There is another step you have to do! Go where you have your ROMs saved. It should be in Media/ROMS (Find your media folder, it could be anywhere depending on what kind of fixes you have applied for 1.1.3)

Then change the permissions of the ROMs folder and everything in there to 0777. THIS will fix your issue with settings! (Mine still shows blank icons tho, so go figure.)
  8. CorranQ

CorranQ New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    I am so keeping my fingers crossed on all these 1.1.3 issues being resolved... why does Apple have to be so prickly?

Anyway, Bluetiger's right, just keep in mind that the ROMs folder for NES ROMs is NOT in the same place as for PSX or GBA currently. The website I linked you to will help you find out where to place the ROMs.
  9. ElectricBuffalo

alright, i used winscp to change the settings on all the folders and...

the icons came back but the settings still aren't saving... umm... ?

this is on the 2.0.1 version by the way... not the newest... the newest still doesnt work at all for me... :-\
  10. CorranQ

CorranQ New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Okay, next round: try changing the permissions throughout the NES.app to 777 as well as the permissions for the folder (ROMs\NES) and files (each rom). I'll check mine in the meantime to see if I can do settings myself. I haven't been using the emulator lately.