neotouch or otterbox defender??

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by mieraisamazing, Feb 12, 2009.

?

Which case should I get?

1. Otterbox Defender

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  2. NeoTouch

7 vote(s)
    70.0%
  3. Other (please specify in the thread)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. mieraisamazing

mieraisamazing Banned

i want a case that covers the entire ipod and also includes a thin membrane for protecting the screen.. the defender is the one that does this but even so i hear the neotouch is good. now the question is which one do i buy??
    the defender case looks pretty cool with the apple logo open for view
    the neo touch looks sexy and i think thats another good choice

what do u have and what do u think of it?

also i tend to take off my case a lot.
    if these cases aren't good with being taken off, can u recommend one that protects the whole ipod and covers the screen as well? whether it be a thin membrane or plastic covering.

any suggestions, feedback on the cases is greatly appreciated
  2. TheConqueror

TheConqueror New Member

Neotouch is nice and slim, Otterbox is a tank, nuff said
  3. veeevo

veeevo New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I did some research prior to purchasing my own neotouch. From what i've gathered it seems to me like the neotouch won't be a case where you want to take off of your ipod regularly. However it is very elegant, and looks nice. From what i can see of the otterbox defender it looks to be much chunkier, and less elegant but appears to provide solid grip, and accessibility to your buttons. If you aren't mr.butter fingers and can hold onto your ipod the neo touch should be more than enough protection. As for protecting the front of your ipod the neo touch will come with two anti static screen protectors.
  4. Intense

Intense Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    If you tend to take off your case a lot none of these cases are good in doing that. But if you really want to know what case to get i would say Neo Touch the otterbox is a tank.
  5. mieraisamazing

mieraisamazing Banned

really?? hmm now im thinking of getting the neo touch...
    does anyone know of other cases taht protect the screen as well?
  6. xredjokerx

xredjokerx Member

i have the rebeltouch and the otterbox defender and a casemate naked case. kinda like 1,2, and 3 levels of protection (i'll probably be picking up an armor case in the near future)

i've tried all three. i hated the watermark effect of the built in screen protectors, but i've read online somewhere that if you use power source (not sure) anti glare screen protector, theres none of that annoying watermark or oil stain. they sell it at apple stores for 15 for two protectors.

anyway, i like the defender better. i dropped my ipod for the first time the other day at costco while i was waiting in line and lo and behold, i didnt even flinch when i dropped it because it didnt even sound like it did any damage whatsoever. im really digging the defender case. the rebel touch, i feel doesnt offer that much protection. so.. there you have it...

level one protection - rebeltouch
    level two protection - casemate
    level three protection - defender

though it is bulkier, i dont notice since its still relatively small with the defender on. i mean.. its like having a small pda. (at least thats what i think, i also have big pockets. oh.. and i bought the belt clip so its on my belt most of the time)