NeoTouch, Incase Slider, or Speck Fitted?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by digitalduck, May 28, 2009.

1. digitalduck

digitalduck Member

OK, Ive narrowed my choices down to (I think) these three cases.

NeoTouch: I like the design, how it is in three pieces for durability plus design. I like the thin membrane you put on first. However, Ive heard it sags and im trying to picture that in my mind, just the thin plastic coming off of the corners and drooping...plus would it be easier to tear the corners etc?

Incase Slider: Nice looking case, not metal but still hard enough. Looks like internal rails in case you have a screen protector. and Raised grooves to protect the back... However, Ive heard from a lot of people that the back gets scratched and im trying to picture how it could be? Dont really need the slider for docking but I guess it makes it easier to get on. Once its one you really dont need to take it off so it doesn't matter that its difficult to get off... a bit pricey.

Fitted case: Looks cool if you like the patterns. Seems to offer decent protection being a hard case wrapped in fabric. Goes on easy and wraps around. Collects lint but not a big deal.. any other down sides to this case?

I also looked at the candy shell, but didnt like the few choices in styles/colors they offered..

So what do you think? Feedback? Also what about having an IS on with either of theses setups? Ive heard it wont work with Slider but i may be wrong...
    Thanks
  2. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    The back of the IS won't work with a Slider or NeoTouch.
    The Slider can scratch the back of your iPod.
    The NeoTouch doesn't sag very much for me, but the I-Frame can get a bit loose. And a lot of people seem to rip the corners. Hasn't happened to me, and I've taken my case off at least 5 times.

I don't know anything about the Fitted Case.

But out of those three I would probably pick the Neo. But if you had included the Speck Candy Shell I would have definitely gone with that.
  3. That Guy

That Guy New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i dont like that the Speck Candy Shell is only available in 2 crackhead colors
  4. mitchell209

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It's available in 4 crackhead colors. Get your facts straight, foo'!

Eh, I kinda like the colors. The NeoTouch is only in two colors... So are some other cases.
  5. mieraisamazing

mieraisamazing Banned

lol sorry mitchell but speck only released 2 colors for the 2g so far.
    the iphone has like 4.

i loveee the color black and the black candyshell looks AMAZING!

but ya like mitchell said, go with neotouch out of all those.
  6. mitchell209

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Really?
    I thought it was the same as the 3G.
    Oh, they're both named the same.

Hmm.
    Whatever. I might get the black/yellow one. My Bro's probably gonna get the other one.
  7. That Guy

That Guy New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I mean don't get me wrong, they look like great cases, but I just like clean normal colors. I have a white Slider right now, and if i find out that the Neotouch is smaller (less bulk), I'm getting that.
  8. mitchell209

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I don't think it is.
    The Slider might be a bit smaller. And yeah, I prefer solid colors, too.
  9. Intense

Intense Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    You know i don't think that theres a case out there thats perfect. Thats why we have personallities. Ultimately at the end your not going to keep a case forever if you buy one now buy another later.

Ripping and sagging for the Neo is not a problem because switcheasy will replace.

The scratching for the incase is also not a problem since most people dont have a dock and can use a wire instead. Or what you can do is buy one of those dock extender things that fit into your ipod and extend it further so you dont have to take your case off to dock. (I'll see if i can find a picture of that)

And the fitted is pretty alright its just cloth though, things can poke holes through the cloth and get in and scratch.

Now its up to you.
  10. digitalduck

digitalduck Member

Isnt the fitted cloth on top of a hard shell? So it still would be hard to scratch.... Also, yeah I agree that the two colors out for the candy shell are pretty harsh. I like the fitted and the slider. I wouldnt dock it ever so wouldnt worry about taking bottom off..Hmm... The neo is cool, just seems like a bit too much especially with all of the reports of the piece coming loose and shifting. I hate that about my dlo gell right now because it was on a 1g but was made for a 2g so I stretched it a bit now that i have it on my 2g.. so perhaps its the slider and fitted..