NeoTouch Case...

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by nightpup, Apr 8, 2010.

1. nightpup

nightpup New Member

I bought the neotouch case and have owned it for about 3 weeks

I dropped it from about 5 ft high and it's iframe cracked. I got a replacement and then the iframe got stained purple. Even soap won't wash it out.

Any tips? Is the rebeltouch better? I like the looks of the neotouch but I'm not too comfortable with dropping my ipod anymore with it...

Thanks

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. The Rebeltouch is way better than the neotouch plus it's less expensive.
  3. nightpup

nightpup New Member

i definitely assume the rebeltouch is better protection wise

i'm a girl though, so the rib cage thing isn't the most attractive thing in the world. but besides that, i heard the sleep button is really annoying?

i'm leaning torwards getting it though unless there are other case suggestions

edit: thinking about candyshell now, but I don't like how the bottom isn't protected. Also heard about how the bottom of the case breaks?
  4. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

The RebelTouch has its own issues with the sides getting floppy after a bit, and the Neo's better about that part. And if you dropped it hard enough to crack the i-frame, the RebelTouch's spine won't survive too well either, I expect.

Beyond that, the CandyShell's main issue is the fragile bottom... and if you drop it, the case MAY pop off the iPod. The thin plastic flexes a lot, but if it gets loose from the rubber undersides, you've got an issue.

Looked at the *******? It doesn't seem to get as floppy as the Rebel does, and it has a thicker Lexan i-frame which should resist shocks more, plus it's available in several colors.
  5. KickinWing

KickinWing New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I think girls can pull off the Rebel. Some girly ones in my opinion are the white, light blue/white, and black/white. Some girls are into zebra patterns lol. Plus the ribs you can buy come in orange and purple (along with a few other of course) and I'd say those are pretty girly!
  6. RyanTaylor

RyanTaylor New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I had the Red and Black RebelTouch and it was fantastic, I had my iPod touch up on the roof when I was fixing the TV aerial and it fell out of my pocket, slid down the roof and hit the ground in the garden, and the iPod was absolutely fine.