Neotouch: A good case to buy?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by kenzoc, Feb 17, 2009.

1. kenzoc

kenzoc New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    So I'm thinking of buying a NeoTouch for my iPod Touch 2G, is it a good case to buy?

It's more expensive than the RebelTouch so I guess it's better or not?

Is the thin layer durable or it gets ripped easily?

Thanks for your help.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Evalocity7

Evalocity7 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I am planning on getting the Neotouch so I have done quite a bit of research and watched a few videos on the case.

There are three parts to the Neotouch case; a thin silicone layer, a clear plastic layer which locks in the sides, then a matte finished plastic layer which locks in basically the last plastic layer, this is also called the "spine".

Anyways, from what I've seen, the silicone layer doesn't seem to rip easily, people say it's pretty strong. They do include an extra silicone layer in the package so if the first does rip, you'll still have another. Out of all the videos I've watched, there was only one bad that I've seen..Which was where the guy broke one end of the "spine" while putting it on. I can't really explain where he broke it...It was at the very end at the thin piece...So in my opinion, he just pulled it too hard.

Overall this is a good case to buy and I'm definitely going to be purchasing it.
  3. ellisyun

ellisyun Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I bought the case, and love it! There's a black and white colored case.
    (I got the white)
    But its a pain to install it. It has a small silicone layer that you put on to your touch first, and then put on the H-brace, and then the I-brace.

Overall, excellent case!
  4. Celestial

Celestial New Member

I have this case (white) and its awesome...there is so much "hype" about the RebelTouch which i don't understand. What's so good about it? IMHO, i think the RebelTouch is for kids/ teens who want attention in a really "flashy" sort of way. The Neo is just pure elegance...
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I fell in love with the neo lol.. all the layers feel soo nice...i love the silicon skin (but be careful with it...it's so thin)..About the rebel, the main reason i don't like it is because of its rubber texture, it's kinda like the rubber you get on souvenir key rings ...
  5. kenzoc

kenzoc New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ok, thanks for all your help guys/girls.

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. Evalocity7

Evalocity7 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Like the others are saying, it's hard to put on the Neotouch so I recommend watching videos of people installing it on Youtube, so you can get an idea of what you have to do.
  7. VillaFan

VillaFan New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I've had my Black NeoTouch for about 3 weeks now and I love it!!. I'll go along with the concensus that it was a pain to put on as it took about 30-45 minutes or adjusting and readjusting to get it just right.

The only downside I've found with it is if you purchase the Apple A/V Component Cable its very difficult to plug it into the connector at the bottom of the Ipod Touch.