Negative effects of jailbreaking?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by darthhomer12, May 2, 2009.

1. darthhomer12

darthhomer12 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Im sort of a noob but what are they? I know like the risks that like if it breaks and they find out that you jailbroke it they wont fix it but like can you still get the new firmware updates and stuff when there released? Also, sorry if theres another topic about this but i couldnt find one, but if there is could you direct me to it?

Thanks
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I forgot one thing, I know that you have to restore your ipod before you jailbreak, but would there be a way to get your apps and stuff back as they were before like restoring from a backup?
  2. Jacob

Jacob Well-Known Member

1st of all you don't have to restore before or after jailbreaking. Use redsn0w 0.3 in my signature. It won't erase anything on your iPod. Second I think the only risk would be possibly it might crash one day and destroy everything. Happy jailbreak if you decide to.
  3. iCrap

iCrap Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Only downsides
    YOu have to restore to upgrade
    Lower battery life *depending on what you do with it
  4. darthhomer12

darthhomer12 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    ok cool thanks, and for the updates, can you back it up then restore from backup in order to keep apps and files?
  5. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    With Cydia apps you can only do this with APTbackup.